(0x80070424) error, windows update service missing, cant install Game Pass

Discus and support (0x80070424) error, windows update service missing, cant install Game Pass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ive tried everything possible, have no answers and thus I am posting here. I had Xbox Game Pass for PC installed on my Dell 5577 but the laptop had to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ParasharBanerjee1, Feb 19, 2022.

1. (0x80070424) error, windows update service missing, cant install Game Pass

Ive tried everything possible, have no answers and thus I am posting here.
    I had Xbox Game Pass for PC installed on my Dell 5577 but the laptop had to be sent for repair. When I got it back, i renewed my Game pass membership but the Xbox App on my PC stopped working, i.e., it couldnt log me in and I couldnt play anything. I uninstalled and when I try to reinstall it, it fails with the error code (0x80070424).
    The problem as far as I can tell is with Windows Updates. Im trying to update but i get the same (0x80070424) error. In "services.msc" the Windows Update service is missing. I have done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. I have tried to add the update service through the registry editor (wuauserv.reg), I have used command line prompts, I have used the Powershell command, I have restarted the gaming services, and now my last resort - resetting the OS, which I did...but guess what? The windows update service is STILL missing. What do I do?

:)

ParasharBanerjee1, Feb 19, 2022
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi,ParasharBanerjee1,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You have issues with the Xbox app and games not installing and missing Windows update services. I am happy to help and provide suggestions that hopefully fix your problem.

Solution 1:Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 2: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. On the right side, look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to default setting

Solution 3: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device

solution 4: Error 0x8007139F or 0x00000001 occurs when you try to install, update, or launch a game on a Windows 10 device

When you try to install, update, or launch an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device, you’re redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services. When you try to install or update Gaming Services, you see the following error code and message. Even thought you showed me a different error code, lets try this as well.

Solution 5: Windows Update Troubleshooter

If you get an error code while downloading and installing Windows updates, the Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  3. NOOBIABOI Win User

Microsoft store crashes (fixed) on launch after using wsreset.exe i cleared data and cache on microsoft store and nothing works. and i get error 0x80070424 when downloading games. (FIXED COMPLETELY)

Its different, it appears 0x80070424 occurred because of missing services in services.msc but i fixed the windows update service and background intelligent transfer service and workstation didn't need fixing

i am left with the error 0x80040154
  4. Georges C. Win User

getting Error 0x80070424 when trying to download games on the pc xbox app.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mathewgabara, this is an error related to the Windows Update Standalone Installer. ... So, if critical (or important) system files are missing or Windows Update services are stopped during the process of installing Windows Update.

Try to follow the procedures on the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questi...

I hope this help.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

I cannot install MS Flight

Hi FourtyFiveOfficial,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issue installing a game as it gives you an error code: 0x80070424. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Here are the suggested troubleshooting you can perform.

1. Update PC and Xbox apps(Xbox app/Xbox Console Companion, Xbox Accessories, Xbox Game Bar, Gaming Services).
    2. Restart device.
    3. Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    4. There are several threads that has a resolution regarding this error code. Kindly let us know if it works to you as well.

In your PC start menu, kindly search for PowerShell and run it as Administrator. Please copy this line below:

[table][tr]Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/tr][/table]
      Kindly paste this on PowerShell.
    5. Try to install the game.
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues and similar threads that can be related to your concern.

0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass

Halo Infinite, can't install -- Error code: 0x80070424

Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. LukasLukasLu Win User

Error 0x80070424 while launching Xbox App on PC

Hello, thank you for quick reply.

Unfortunately, none of the proposed solution worked.

An additional information:

The Windows updater works and installs windows updates.

For past week Xbox App was showing error 0x80070426 but did start after few tries.

At some point Microsoft store stopped getting updates for all of the other apps, and when it showed available updates, It was unable to start downloading them.

After I uninstalled xbox app and Microsoft Gaming Services all the other updates started downloading and installing. Now after reinstalling the Xbox app and enabling gaming services, everything works apart from the Xbox app which shows error 0x80070424 and doesn't start.

Kind regards

Lukas
Thema:

1. (0x80070424) error, windows update service missing, cant install Game Pass - Similar Threads - 0x80070424 error windows

2. Error 0x80070424 Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070424 Xbox Game Pass PC: Hi, yesterday I wanted to download some game on the Xbox Game Pass PC but it didn't worked, so I uninstalled it but it won't reinstall and it shows me the error code 0x80070424. Also, I tried to...
  3. Error Code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070424: Hello, I have an issue with downloads on Xbox and Microsoft Store on PC, I tried to download a game called Roblox (I had previously installed this game). Upon trying to download Roblox, I get the...
  4. Xbox game pass error 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass error 0x80070424: Error comes while trying to download xbox app on pc 4f824fed-5e6e-41eb-9179-7fddeae80242
  5. error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x80070424: cant download game cause error code 0x80070424 also i have tried what it said to do on the fourm c7f7b5ae-8e77-4811-8adf-66d4f4c621b7
  6. Error 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070424: English: I got a new pc as a gift, it's a little old but is fast. So I downloaded the minecraft java launcher (the original one) and when I started the process and accepted the "proceso host para...
  7. Can't install Halo Infinite, error 0x80070424 (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Halo Infinite, error 0x80070424 (PC): The game wasn't launching so I uninstalled, but now the xbox appp won't let me reinstall the game, giving me the error 0x80070424. The powershell command below: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers|...
  8. Attempting to install HALO Infinite Gives Error 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to install HALO Infinite Gives Error 0x80070424: I had the dreaded redirect to Gaming Services App when attempting to launch HALO Infinite starting just last week even though I had been playing it fine before that. I attempted to remedy this by...
  9. error code 0x80070424 not letting me install games from gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x80070424 not letting me install games from gamepass: hi, i have gamepass ultimate & want to install a few games on my new pc. i have steam & have no problem installing games from there but when i come to install games from gamepass it brings up...
  10. game pass error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass error code 0x80070424: Hey guys/gals, Found this gem (stardew valley) I would love to play on game pass for pc but I am unable to because I get error code 0x80070424. I have tried to repair app, reset app, uninstall...