Xbox gamepad replacement issue

Discus and support Xbox gamepad replacement issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fidan Güven, May 10, 2024.

1. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)

:)

Fidan Güven, May 10, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Fidan! Thank you for your reply.

Since you are requesting a service order for a controller, you need to select "Device" instead of "Accessory" from the Category drop-down menu. Once you do this, you'll see a list of controller issues where you can select the one that relates the most to what you are experiencing with your controller. In this case, I'd suggest selecting "Thumbstick issue".

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Fidan Güven Win User

Thank you for your response. What should I select here for my Xbox gamepad replacement?

[​IMG]
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Fidan! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your controller.

• If your controller has developed a drift issue, you should select "Device" from the "Category" drop-down menu, and then "Thumbstick issue" from the "Issue type" drop-down menu.

• To clarify, is this how you've tried requesting a replacement?

- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices
    - Click on "Register device"
    - Register your controller using its serial number.
    - Locate your controller on the devices page.
    - Click on "See details", and select "Start order" from the Device Coverage menu.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Fidan Güven Win User

ıt seems that only 'accessory' is showing in the category section. Maybe I should call customer service and talk to them to solve the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

[​IMG]
  6. Михаил Ð“Ð°Ð²Ñ Win User

[Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad

It could also be a controller problem, if you can't solve it you can always replace the controller under warranty
    The issue only reproduced on controller model 1708. I also have the elite controller model 1698 on this device the issue doesn't reproduce.

Could somebody who has controller model 1708 check this issue on their controllers? It is needed for making sure that it was not a problem specifically my instance.

Steps for reproducing:

1. Switch on the console.

2. Plug your headset to the controller.

3. Make sure that all works as expected, the sound played through headset.

4. Wait 15 minutes (this is default time for gamepad sleep mode)

5. Wakeup the gamepad by pressing the power button (button with the XBOX logo) on the gamepad.

6. Make sure that after wakeup is no sound in the headset plugged to the gamepad.
Thema:

1. Xbox gamepad replacement issue - Similar Threads - gamepad replacement issue

2. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  5. Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  6. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  7. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  8. Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play: When I try using the gamepad attached to my device this pops up and the support page links to the default xbox support page and nothing helpful, is there any way to fix it? [img]...
  9. Unity gamepad rumble issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unity gamepad rumble issue: I used new unity input system to use gamepad. And I can get input from that. But I can't vibrate gamepad, because Gamepad.current returns NULL so i can't use SetMotorSpeeds method. I'm sure my...
  10. Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...: Hello everyone, look, I want to buy a gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. That is, this is not the original gamepad. The question is, is it suitable for a split screen in any game? That is, a game for...