My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

Discus and support My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sean archer1, May 10, 2024.

1. sean archer1
    sean archer1 Guest

My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating screen. It starts updating to 65% and then the power shuts off, but the fan in the console keeps running.

I tried cleaning it with an aerosol air spray can to remove the dust.

I unplugged it for 30 seconds then plugged it back in.

Still Nothing, not working.

:)

sean archer1, May 10, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games.

Hi there Sean, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to read that you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X console!

I recommend that you try performing an offline update of the console using the instructions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

If the problem persists after that or if you're unable to perform the offline update for any reason, and because, according to the description of the issue, it seems to be a hardware problem, it will be necessary for you to create a service order for your console to be properly inspected and repaired.

In the following link, you can create a service order for your console and use its warranty if it is still valid:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

If your console is not listed there, you will need to register it by clicking on the "Register device" button. Then, you will need to fill in the required information and follow the steps that appear to process the service order.

For more detailed information about the repair/warranty service procedure, please visit the following website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Question on slim fan and overheating

Is the fan from the xbox blowing warm air or cold air?

Is the Xbox warm or hot to touch?
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

Is it safe to use my Xbox while the air conditioner is on?

You will be fine, as you only get condensation forming when warm moisture laden air comes into contact with a cooler/cold surface. Air conditioning units actually remove moisture from the air they cool, hence the water drain pipe, so using an Xbox in an air conditioned room should in theory assist with cooling of the console.
  5. An Xbox Dude Win User

temp of xbox

Just make sure you console is in a cool area. I have one of my console's power bricks right on top of a vent that blows cool air in. If your room gets to hot, the light on the power brick will turn red until your console cools down.
  6. Ohjohnnyt Win User

Overheating Xbox

Ive had this problem before as i used to live in Sri Lanka.

as already stated the xbox will auto shut down when too hot.

I used to get a large bowl of ice, sit it at a safe distance from the xbox and then sit a fan over it to blow the cold air over the xbox - kept me cool and the xbox cool!

just a fan works as well long as there is some aircon going also. Just make sure the fan blows upwards a little from xbox to make the hot air is blown away from vents.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to... - Similar Threads - series blowing cool

2. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  3. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...
  4. streaming on xbox series s to twitch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    streaming on xbox series s to twitch: yes i stream to twitch from my xbox series s and i wanna be able to see what people are saying in my chat without having to use a cell phone or computer or tablet. How do i do this?...
  5. Xbox series x sound popping and crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x sound popping and crackling: I just bought my Series X less than a year ago. This audio issue has been there from the beginning. I have an audio tech background and it is not ANY of my peripherals. When I exit a game, the...
  6. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  7. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  8. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  9. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...