zips downloading as zip archives.

Discus and support zips downloading as zip archives. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; when trying to install files that should be getting downloaded as regulars compressed zip files they instead get downloaded as zip archives. Im unsure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Noah Rosicka (RN11), Jun 4, 2024.

1. zips downloading as zip archives.

when trying to install files that should be getting downloaded as regulars compressed zip files they instead get downloaded as zip archives. Im unsure as what to do since the file isnt acting as a regular zip. ji am asking for help for how to change it back to a regular zip.

:)

Noah Rosicka (RN11), Jun 4, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Noah. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. Zip files and zip archives are the same type of file, there is no difference between a zip file and archive. You can open a zip using Windows Explorer or 3rd party apps such as NanaZip.

As this forum is for Xbox devices and services, if you have any further questions about this you should post them in the Windows forums, that way the correct support can help you: https://answers.microsoft.com/windows/forum
  3. BLOODnny009 Win User

Can't copy OSU1.zip file to USB (Offline System Update)

Downloads\OSU1.zip: Checksum error in $SystemUpdate\system.xvd. The file is corrupt

Downloads\OSU1.zip: The archive is corrupt

This is the message i get when trying to unzip from winrar.
  4. taidara Win User

Can't copy OSU1.zip file to USB (Offline System Update)

@XX Hellhammer - Please make use of the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/6/8/A684F82F-AA47-4C11-9004-2CEFF54714B3/OSU1.zip So
    that I know we're referring to the same file.

Download the OSU1.zip file to a folder on your computer.

Right click OSU1.zip and select 'Properties'. Click 'Archive', and post up the following values:

Total length:

Packed length:

Ratio:

Right click the OSU1.zip file and select 'Extract here'.

Let me know how that goes.
  5. U M4D BRUV Win User

Xbox 360 error code: 42FC42FE1380267FC0000185

I too cant't download the latest system update in its entirely. What is more, trying to update offline fails. Specifically, downloading the zip archive StstemUpdate17150....zip onto my computer stalls at about 97.5MB of 110MB. Surely these problems together
    suggest the issue is with the update file, requiring a Microsoft fix?

(Posted by NZ Xbox360 user.)
  6. U M4D BRUV Win User

Xbox 360 error code: 42fc42fea0801200d0000034

I too cant't download the latest system update in its entirely. What is more, trying to update offline fails also. Specifically, downloading the zip archive StstemUpdate17150....zip onto my computer stalls at about 97.5MB of 110MB. Surely these problems
    together suggest the issue is with the update file, requiring a Microsoft fix?

(Posted by NZ Xbox360 user.)
Thema:

1. zips downloading as zip archives. - Similar Threads - zips downloading zip

2. I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code. If I return an item...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code. If I return an item...: I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code, and there is no way to change the zip code after the purchase. I only discovered this after the time period to cancel an...
  3. A player by the name of [mod removed] gave me my zip code along with my longtitude and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A player by the name of [mod removed] gave me my zip code along with my longtitude and...: Should I be scared and what should I do Xbox hasten done any thing because of the way he messaged me. 1470c348-bc82-49ac-8a51-d37c4b55ab49
  4. factory reset zip file

in XBoX on Consoles
    factory reset zip file: is there a way to get an older factory reset zip file that is older than the osu1 file so that the osu1 file can be used i have a system that could use it and so does my nephew we used the current...
  5. Zip Code error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zip Code error: I'm trying to renew my Solitaire Premium and it tells me my zip code is incorrect. Any suggestion to get this corrected? e91bb1ec-f467-4a25-9671-bf3bed8bb807
  6. ZIP code not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    ZIP code not working.: Hi, so i'm trying to buy the xbox game pass ultimate subscription, but when I enter my zip code it says this, and I typed the address in correctly. What do I do? [img]...
  7. Zip files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zip files: How do we open zip files do yall know cause I have no idea I'm trying to mod rdr2 on xbox one d160671a-8f5f-4817-a409-524d25e5825d
  8. OSU1 .zip file for Xbox One S insider hub Error code E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    OSU1 .zip file for Xbox One S insider hub Error code E102: I need help, cant I fix my console with this start up issue? I tried doing the offline update, but apparently I cant because of insider club on my console? ad1cdef0-40e3-4191-a6ce-20433d7606fa
  9. XBOX OSU1.ZIP file is corrupt

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX OSU1.ZIP file is corrupt: If you get a corrupt file error message when you use Winrar to extract the systemupdate folder, dont use Winrar to extract it - use WinZip. I downloaded the file 4 or 5 times and always got this...
  10. Cant download the OSU2 zip.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant download the OSU2 zip.: cant reach OSU2. 83e16048-f602-464e-9b7e-aeb401db51db