YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown

Discus and support YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use my xBox to watch stuff to fall asleep to every night as well as for gaming. I have auto shutdown set to kick in after an hour of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MEGA MAYO MAN, Feb 23, 2020.

1. YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown

Hello, I use my xBox to watch stuff to fall asleep to every night as well as for gaming.

I have auto shutdown set to kick in after an hour of inactivity which works on other media apps like Netflix and Prime Video etc but not YouTube.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it just simply not possible to happen on the YouTube app?

Just wondered if anyone had a similar issue or knew a way around it at all? I have browsed the forum for YouTube issues but they don't seem relevant to this particular one.

Thanks for your patience

:)

MEGA MAYO MAN, Feb 23, 2020
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

I don't use YouTube app so much, but, there is no settings in the App about it?

Maybe you can/must provide this feedback to the App developer, try to write it in the Store, on the App page, where you can give star vote etc
  3. MEGA MAYO MAN Win User

Thanks for your response. I will have a look again when I am home from work but couldn't see anything earlier.

Failing that I will let the dev team know :)

Thanks again
  4. MEGA MAYO MAN Win User

Thanks for your response. I will have a look again when I am home from work but couldn't see anything earlier.

I will try the reinstall too if it doesn't work. Maybe I can find an app setting rather than settings in the app itself.

Thanks again :)
  5. HellspawnGaming Win User

Your problem is strange ! YouTube should not interfere with the console's power supply.

As my colleague said above go see in the settings of the YouTube app but from my memory there is no such option.

I can't help you anymore I use my PC for YouTube.

try to delete and reinstall YouTube.

Alternatively contact Xbox support to see if this issue was referencing.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/
  6. amitso Win User

Auto Shutdown

It shuts down automatically, when it is running i can hear beep randomly, also it automatically start after 3-4 minuts
Thema:

1. YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown - Similar Threads - YouTube bypassing Auto

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.

in XboX Insiders
    Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.: Suggestion, Youtube Music submitted by /u/Old_Meal4490 [link] [comments]
  6. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  7. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  8. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  9. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  10. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...