your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service

Discus and support your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i set my friends account as my home account so i could license transfer back ops 3 off of him and it was working fine for like 5 days but now all of a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TaiChiMyDadBak, Nov 11, 2015.

1. your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service

i set my friends account as my home account so i could license transfer back ops 3 off of him and it was working fine for like 5 days but now all of a sudden when i try to run it it say i dont have the requiremnts and need to insert the disk or install it
    but when i go to check if my friends account is still my home account is says this msg "your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service."

can someone plz get back to me quick with a fix your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service :(

:)

TaiChiMyDadBak, Nov 11, 2015
  2. Vorty xo
    Vorty xo Guest
    my home Xbox problem

it doesn't let me see my home Xbox it just comes up with "your home Xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service" why?

Vorty xo, Nov 11, 2015
  3. ii haazza
    ii haazza Guest
    Unable to purchase DLC also unable to change the settings that stop that

I also says " your privacy settings are in effect but cannot be changed until we connect to the service" in my privacy settings

ii haazza, Nov 11, 2015
  4. your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service

Just an fyi the home feature is not intended to be used in this way. It's supposed to be used with multiple consoles in the same home or family, not to share games you don't have the license to play with friends. You may be hard pressed to receive a favorable
    answer here. That said are you sure your friend didn't change his home console back to his own, or another friend? You are only allowed to change it 3 times, and in the setup you describe your console needs to be his home console since its his game, your home
    console doesn't really matter in that setup. He may have changed his console back. Also be careful who you share home with as this will give them access to private account info such as payment information, that's why it's not recommended to be used outside
    family.

RemittingFire58, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Reflex Spawn
    Reflex Spawn Guest
    Besides the moral point your' e giving here its not even remotely an answer to his question. Do you actually have a solution or is that just it?

Reflex Spawn, Nov 11, 2015
  6. I am having the same issue though, it is between my xbox and my son’s. I am unable to change my home xbox on either of them as i am getting the notification stated by OP.

LuC1d1nS4N1tY, Nov 6, 2018
  7. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hey there

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically
    to you!

XBF Leslie D, Oct 31, 2018
  8. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hey there

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically
    to you!
  9. Reflex Spawn Win User

Besides the moral point your' e giving here its not even remotely an answer to his question. Do you actually have a solution or is that just it?
  10. RemittingFire58 Win User

Just an fyi the home feature is not intended to be used in this way. It's supposed to be used with multiple consoles in the same home or family, not to share games you don't have the license to play with friends. You may be hard pressed to receive a favorable
    answer here. That said are you sure your friend didn't change his home console back to his own, or another friend? You are only allowed to change it 3 times, and in the setup you describe your console needs to be his home console since its his game, your home
    console doesn't really matter in that setup. He may have changed his console back. Also be careful who you share home with as this will give them access to private account info such as payment information, that's why it's not recommended to be used outside
    family.
  11. NE SavageQueen Win User

12. DerickPaz Win User

nothing there has solved my problem
Thema:

1. your home xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to the service - Similar Threads - home settings cannot

2. The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...: So the account I have set on my console as my home Xbox account has the game pass ultimate subscription but when I sign into my account I can't access multiplayer games unless I have that account...
  3. 2 accounts on 2 Xbox’s in one home - how do I set this up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 accounts on 2 Xbox’s in one home - how do I set this up?: Hi all, I have an Xbox One X which my two boys use. I set them up on this with separate email accounts (both of which are my email addresses) so they could each have their own progress on the...
  4. Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.: Why would my Xbox Home checked option on my second xbox become unchecked? After setting up 3 xboxes on Xmas day logging into all 3 with the main account setting them to home Xbox. Was working fine...
  5. I cannot set my home xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my home xbox.: Here's what happened: Battlefield V says I'm a trial user. I'm using a friend's Gamepass Ultimate, so I should have EA Play.(UFC 4 works, so I know I do.) I decided to factory reset my xbox and...
  6. I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X: I still have 4 switches left and when marking for home console on my Xbox One X, I encounter error saying Unable to Save Changes. This happens to all other accounts( new or old ). I have tried...
  7. Cannot set new series x console to home

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot set new series x console to home: Hi I have seen this issue in a few threads with no resolve. I have 2 consoles, my personal and my sons. I have a series x and I just upgraded my sons console from an original XboxOne to the series...
  8. cannot set my home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot set my home Xbox: I should have enough switches left, as it tells me "You have 4 switches left," but when I try to set my home Xbox, I get an error saying "Unable to save changes - We are unable to connect to the...
  9. I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .: If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox anymore. I have read that you can do it with [Mod....
  10. I cannot set my account to "my home xbox"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my account to "my home xbox": My friend made his account to "be my home xbox " because he thought that would be the only way he could play his games on my system, however i did not know it was a limit to this & now i cannot...