Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

Discus and support Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for a few days now, 3 or 4 now at least, i have done everything, from restarting the modem/gateway i have from comcast to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MythicShadowolf, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

I have been having this issue for a few days now, 3 or 4 now at least, i have done everything, from restarting the modem/gateway i have from comcast to simply restoring network settings to factory default. I have done a ping test to xbox.com on my computer
    and i'm losing 75% of packets, i get an error destination net unreachable, i'm in IN-US, the error i'm recieving is Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live Server Names. I am not even going to try to contact comcast myself, as they'll either blame my other
    devices which have yet to cause an actual problem or they'll just send a refresh signal to the modem/gateway in which i can do by unplugging it and plugging it back in. I am on a wireless connection and even a wired connection doesn't allow me to connect with
    the same error. the Error status report i get is:

W:0000-0021

X:0000-f001

Y: 0000-0000

Z:8015-1904

ID 0002-0002

L:0015-10f1

Q:8007-0435

T:Wireless

A:10.0.0.56/255.255.255.0

G:10.0.0.1

D:75.75.75.75 75.75.76.76

N:kitty

S:WPA2

C:48

Again, I have been able to connect before without a hitch 3-4 days ago on this same internet connection, then all of a sudden i cannot connect any more because of this. Again, if I try to contact Comcast, They'll either refresh the signal or they'll
    blame my other devices, and I just don't want to deal with that false information. something is obviously happening between Comcast and Xbox that is having an issue, my computer connects to the internet just fine through wired, which is how i'm able to send
    this out now. Again, if i swap the Ethernet cable to the Xbox it does not allow me to connect due to DNS error nonsense. Any Help would be appreciated. I just paid for 1 month of Xbox live and can't even enjoy it because of this inconvenience.

:)

MythicShadowolf, Jul 25, 2014
  2. iStr8xLegit
    iStr8xLegit Guest
    Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"

iStr8xLegit, Jul 25, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 Networking

As none of the chats or calls are connecting!!!!

When i test my connection, it says 'Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names'??

CleverColt81129, Jul 25, 2014
  4. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

if you can use Manual ip Settings with your isp, could you please try Settings dns to Manual with

Primary dns Server 8.8.8.8 and

secondary dns Server 8.8.4.4

in some cases the isp Forces to use automatic Settings, then it wouldnt work obviously

StefanNeubauer, Jul 25, 2014
  5. I tried that and it said i entered it wrong yet i know it was entered correctly i double checked to make sure it was and it wouldn't accept it.

MythicShadowolf, Jul 25, 2014
  6. StefanNeubauer, Jul 25, 2014
  7. Contacted Comcast, just as i suspected they wanted to blame my devices and reset the modem, still same issue. when i had issues with world of warcraft, i posted to the forums, got it solved very shortly after, here, losing money that i paid for xbox live
    gold and time i could be using to play on Xbox Live getting nowhere. There's no chance in hell that suddenly comcast won't support xbox live on the same gateway i've had when it was working before on.

MythicShadowolf, Jul 26, 2014
  8. lxoRABBIToxl
    lxoRABBIToxl Guest

You can try contacting network support to see if they can take you through any basic troubleshooting with your network if you need to.

They might be able to take you through something that you haven't already done

lxoRABBIToxl, Jul 26, 2014
  9. I figured it out....it was due to my brother blocking my xbox on our gateway....therefore causing the whole issue. but since i'm savvy enough i figured it out and got it working yay me. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names. :D

MythicShadowolf, Jul 28, 2014
  10. I figured it out....apparently someone had blocked my xbox from connecting through the gateway.....therefore giving me the DNS server issue. Once i unblocked it it connects just fine now Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names. :)

MythicShadowolf, Jul 28, 2014
  11. medalektra
    medalektra Guest
    im having the same issue now and im using wireless router getting the same thing any idea how to unblock it if that is it?

medalektra, Aug 14, 2014
  12. GhostySafe5
    GhostySafe5 Guest
    i'm having the same issue with DNS server's not being able to resolve xbox LIVE server names. I've had this problem for almost a year now and I haven't been able to fix it. I have used multiple networks to try and fix this problem but nothing ever works.
    I have tried every suggestion available but nothing ever works. can someone please give me a solution?

GhostySafe5, Oct 20, 2014
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

Hey there GhostySafe5!

If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread and detailing out your situation, along with any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

To save yourself some time in the process, please read:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1821897.aspx
    And post back in full detail (scroll down for the questions in bold), so that peoply trying to help can have a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks in advance!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  14. iStr8xLegit Win User

Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"
  15. VernierSlake Win User

Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names

16. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
  17. Mario Super1 Win User

DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

No, because it's an Xbox 360 and I would need a WiFi adapter to connect wireless and wired is most.of the time better option, I have also run a diagnostic ping test from my router to the Xbox and even though it shows as being connected to the network, the console received the pings but couldn't send them back to the router, it seems there could be a hardware problem.
  18. The_Last_DJ Win User

DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

Hello Mario S! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Have you tried setting a different manual DNS such as Googles? 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
Thema:

1. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names. - Similar Threads - DNS server can't

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  5. dns isn’t resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns isn’t resolving xbox server names: so i can’t play online games because it keeps saying “DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names” and i’ve already tried restarting the router, hard resetting the xbox, and changing the dns setting...
  6. The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names: hi, I m not able to connect to Xbox Live server, tried many options available on Xbox support not able to connect. bc2434ca-803d-473a-93e3-5974354504dd
  7. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: I am on a wired connection using University Internet. My issue started yesterday when my xbox internet randomly shut off. Me and my roommate both have xbox ones that are connected to the internet...
  8. DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.: Before getting started with these steps, you will want to make sure that you have your wireless password if you are on a wireless connection. These steps will clear out any manual settings you...
  9. DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names: Hi, I have been going out of my mind here trying to connect my machine. I have my connection coming in from a fibre optic cable to my router to my pc's and my xbox machine. All setup fine,...
  10. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names: What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, California Modem brand & model number: Aris TG862 Router brand & model number: Same If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter,...