Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?

Discus and support Your disk may be dirty or damaged error? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It seems like im the only one that keeps getting this error. It happens occasionally for me and as soon as it happens I take it out and put it back in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deuce4eva, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Deuce4eva
    Deuce4eva Guest

It seems like im the only one that keeps getting this error. It happens occasionally for me and as soon as it happens I take it out and put it back in and it works fine. I take pretty good care of my discs so I don't know why it keeps happening. I believe
    it only happens when I eject the disc. Also Ive had the disc go back in right after I ejected. I was in the beta program but i thought this has been fixed by now. Whats going on?

:)

Deuce4eva, Jun 15, 2014
  2. MSUROCKS2021
    MSUROCKS2021 Guest
    cant play games

When I try to play a game it either says "do you own this game or app" or it says check disk may be dirty or damaged when the disk is niether dirty or damaged

MSUROCKS2021, Jun 15, 2014
  3. Can not install disc after game update

Also, sometimes it gives me the "disk may be damaged or dirty" message and sometimes it doesn't.

DMR CHRIS KJ40, Jun 15, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

You're right, this was an issue in one of the Previews - April's I believe?

Try doing a complete power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) and clear the persistent storage (Settings>Disc & BluRay>Clear Persistent Storage, then power
    cycle again for good measure) and see if that improves things for you.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Jun 15, 2014
  5. Deuce4eva
    Deuce4eva Guest
    Is it safe to power cycle twice? What does a power cycle do?

Deuce4eva, Jun 15, 2014
  6. It seems disc drive problems are still showing up it went through half dozen fixes but still remains for some people

The power cycle is like when you reboot your desktop/laptop it shouldn't do any harm

GrowlingYapper, Jun 15, 2014
  7. maxen
    maxen Guest
    All the power cycle does is power it down completely. If you have the console set to Instant On it never actually shuts down fully, so shutting it down fully once in a while by way of a power cycle is beneficial as it resolves a few problems, hopefully including
    your disc drive issue.

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Deuce4eva Win User

Is it safe to power cycle twice? What does a power cycle do?
  9. maxen Win User

You're right, this was an issue in one of the Previews - April's I believe?

Try doing a complete power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) and clear the persistent storage (Settings>Disc & BluRay>Clear Persistent Storage, then power
    cycle again for good measure) and see if that improves things for you.

Let us know how you get on.
  10. maxen Win User

All the power cycle does is power it down completely. If you have the console set to Instant On it never actually shuts down fully, so shutting it down fully once in a while by way of a power cycle is beneficial as it resolves a few problems, hopefully including
    your disc drive issue.
  11. GrowlingYapper Win User

It seems disc drive problems are still showing up it went through half dozen fixes but still remains for some people

The power cycle is like when you reboot your desktop/laptop it shouldn't do any harm
  12. Shizuo-2CA6AE5E-3639 Win User

The Infamous Gta San Andreas Dirty Disk Error.

Well the same thing is happening to me I bought it for 800 Microsoft Points downloaded the game and it says the disk is dirty or damaged as soon as it's done loading it ends up saying there is a problem with the disk you are using it may be dirtied or damaged.
    Is there any way to fix this?
Thema:

1. Your disk may be dirty or damaged error? - Similar Threads - disk may dirty

2. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  3. constant disk write error

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant disk write error: Ive been having a constant disk write error with steam, and steam only. Both steam, and the support for the specific game said it almost has to be a windows issue. my games will crash, then will...
  4. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  5. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  6. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  7. I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?: I have deleted the game but it is still there. 65c11845-0c5c-452c-b6fc-5741d55a7d51
  8. When I put the game disk in and click the game it shows as there is no disk and that it may...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I put the game disk in and click the game it shows as there is no disk and that it may...: Yea It does not work I’m cc8a3bae-476c-4640-be59-4bfad9c81554
  9. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one: I have Gears of war 1 , 2 and 3 , borderlands 1 and the GOTY edition - they are all getting this error I just purchased the xbox on Thanksgiving ( just received it yesterday) it downloaded the...
  10. your disk may be damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    your disk may be damaged: so i am getting "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)" on my cod ghost disk. now i wont lie and say its perfect it has a small scratch nothing...