Your automated recovery form

Discus and support Your automated recovery form in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It’s not ideal. Is the entire form case sensitive? Approx how much of this form must be filled out for the automated server to acknowledge that a user... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Michael Little1, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Your automated recovery form

It’s not ideal. Is the entire form case sensitive? Approx how much of this form must be filled out for the automated server to acknowledge that a user should be allowed back into their Microsoft account?

A friend of mine did not understand the importance of keeping their contact information up to date and they’ve been locked out of their account for about a month, saying that the form gets kicked back constantly.

They’ve spent hundreds of dollars on games and other media, so they’re pretty mad.

Aside from preventative measures, like ensuring security information is up to date, is there something they can do aside from relying on a very unreliable automated server to get their account back?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Michael Little1, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Michael Little1 Win User

is there no specific threshold? None? That’s got to be a joke. Surely one correct input in the form would not be enough, right?

It seems awful convenient to be as vague as possible and consider the issue resolved.

Thanks for attempting to resolve, but the fact is that the issue is unresolved because you do not have enough information to satisfy the original question.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Michael. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> Is the entire form case sensitive?

Some types of data will be case sensitive; ensure names, addresses, emails, etc. are in the correct case.

> Approx how much of this form must be filled out for the automated server to acknowledge that a user should be allowed back into their Microsoft account?

Every account is different so there is no specific threshold, but you should provide as much accurate information as possible to increase your chances of recovery.

To protect customer privacy, Microsoft can only help customers verify their account ownership through the online password recovery process. It's encouraged to keep trying to recover your account using the online account recovery form.

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Microsoft reviews recovery form submissions on a case-by-case basis. The recovery process is unique to each account, it asks questions about the account that only the account holder should know. As such there is no specific threshold.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to solve this for you, keep in mind that we are not Microsoft employees and do not have insight into accounts. We provide technical support and advice for Xbox devices and services, we are unable to assist with Microsoft account access issues.

Make sure the form is accessed on a known device (e.g a Windows PC linked to the account). This may increase chances of recovery.

See this support page for further help with the recovery form: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Regards,
    Kyle
  5. Michael Little1 Win User

Thanks, and happy new year. My issue will remain unresolved until an employee of Microsoft can help my friend get his account back.

Until then, the automated account recovery forms are not ideal, and that’s all I really have to say about it.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I have a microsoft account that I can't access the name of and email associated with.

Hello John,

You can try the Account Recovery Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Detailed steps on how to use the Account Recovery Form can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Microsoft takes account security very seriously, that's why Account Recovery is an automated process with no human influence. If you don't have the correct information, you may not be able to get through account verification using the Recovery Form.

The Account Recovery Form requires adequate information to prove that you are the owner of the account. The Account Recovery Process can be a time-consuming process, but providing as much info as possible from the start of the process will increase the possibility of being verified by the automated process. You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft.

Remember to use a familiar device from which you've frequently accessed your Microsoft account, as well as a familiar location. Microsoft will review your responses and respond within 24 hours. If you are verified, instructions on how to log back into your account will be sent to you, and if you are not verified, you will need to submit the Account Recovery form again. You can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

It's important to note that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account, you will be sent back to the Account Recovery pages that have been linked above.
Thema:

1. Your automated recovery form - Similar Threads - automated recovery form

2. Xbox Family feature request for the home automation community.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Family feature request for the home automation community.: I would like to know if there are any plans to include the option for push notifications for when a profile with screen limits has reached their limit? This would be helpful for creating triggers....
  3. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  4. How do I actually get to talk to someone when everything is automated and and all I have is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I actually get to talk to someone when everything is automated and and all I have is...: I can not verify my account to update with new information and don't have the old info to verify? b1cf698b-aaf7-46ca-b93a-61429a7228bd
  5. Automated gamertag bots?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automated gamertag bots?: Was changing my gamertag from one account to the other and had the old account open on xbox while the new one was open on my pc for an easy and immediate gamertag change. In a matter of 1 second...
  6. Automated account recovery message for Microsoft recovery account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automated account recovery message for Microsoft recovery account: When I try to recover my old Xbox ID I am met with the following message, "Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to...
  7. Trying to recover old Xbox 360 account but automated system offers no help because I don’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to recover old Xbox 360 account but automated system offers no help because I don’t...: So I’m trying to recover my decade old blocked Xbox 360 account from to many password attempts and the automated system is no help whatsoever, decade old console id, I can’t access my outlook...
  8. Hacked account - automated form fails, going In circles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacked account - automated form fails, going In circles: Hi, I'm in the never ending quagmire of trying to recover my hacked account. The automated Microsoft recovery services are garbage. I cant even get as far as submitting a request, it just says...
  9. Cannot Contact Microsoft support. The automated system cannot help me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Contact Microsoft support. The automated system cannot help me.: Hi. I have been trying to contact support for the past 3 days to no avail. I started another post trying to get help:...
  10. The Automated enforcement system is broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Automated enforcement system is broken: I was recently playing destiny 2 streaming a solo run of the newest in game dungeon and as a new streamer I am trying to grow my viewer count. I’ve seen others use the LFG on Xbox to tell other...