"You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox"

Discus and support "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc but I keep getting this text box "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shneideur Bredy, Dec 13, 2023.

1. "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox"

I have been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc but I keep getting this text box "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox" I'm an adult but I still have this issue.

:)

Shneideur Bredy, Dec 13, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Shneideur,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This message usually appears when there are parental controls set up on your Microsoft account. If you are an adult this account should not be a restricted to access Xbox or any game related apps. Please try to check your account's age. However, if your account or device has been restricted to use for any games related apps. Your parents or Microsoft Family group organizer will restrict you to use using Xbox app then, you may need for their permission to lift this restriction.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on this link: https://account.microsoft.com/family

2. Go to the "Family" section and select "Manage family settings online."

3. Select your account and click on "Content restrictions."

4. Make sure that the "Xbox" option is set to "Allow."

5. Save the changes and try launching the Xbox app again.

If you are connected to domain (school/work) or to the VPN apps, please disable those as you may affect your use of Xbox app.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. schnurren Win User

You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Google Chrome ?

Hello TammyChin1,

This topic should be moved to Windows subforum ( https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum ), but let me ask for some extra details.

The account that you are using on your Windows 10 is the same from your child that is setup on the Xbox as "Child account"?

What error are you receiving when you try to access Google Chrome?
  5. Miranda Helmick Win User

I added funds to the wrong account for my son on his Xbox using a gift card

You need an adult in your family to buy this

We can't send a request for this one, so you'll have to ask them another way.

We find saying please tends to work wonders!
  6. MoroseBadger600 Win User

My account is still a child account

Hi

You'll have to talk to the one that put you in an Xbox family (probably your parents)

and ask them to put you as an adult.

Sorry if i couldn't help

Greetings

Thema:

1. "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox" - Similar Threads - You'll need ask

2. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  4. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  5. Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.: I been keep getting this from 2 days ago until now whenever i turn on my xbox and automatically connects to my account, it automatically disconnects it and whenever i try too sign in again gives...
  6. when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this"

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this": I am connected to the internet and everything else works fine like google steam etc. but i am trying to login to things like minecraft or the game bar and it keeps telling me i am not connected to...
  7. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  8. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...
  10. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Google Chrome ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Google Chrome ?: I've spent a crazy amount of hrs. trying to troubleshoot this. I needed goggle chrome to do a course. I am on Microsoft Edge. My OS is Windows 10 Home The problem lies in the Microsoft account...