"You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Khalid Ruiz, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Khalid Ruiz
    Khalid Ruiz Guest

Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to download it even tho i have it downloaded on my pc from microsoft and the website/roblox player, what do i do?

:)

Khalid Ruiz, Sep 26, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Khalid Ruiz,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

Hello Jana R how are you?
    My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant. I found a solution that is here in this link that I am sending you, I ask that you read the complete article and see if this solution presented will solve your problem. Please activate your browser's translator, it is possible that it is in another language.

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br...ivo-para/8076cb3f-c01f-460e-bd07-fec710c4254f
  4. CharlesTan4 Win User

thanks for the reply

i already be friends in xbox app and finish the prologue too. The funny is I can't join all my friends session/convoy and must wait my friends invite me. My friends can join my session/convoy without my invitation
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Khalid Ruiz,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are invited with your Xbox friends to play game and got an error message. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you playing on Xbox app?

2. Are you using Xbox game bar in your Windows Pc?

The error "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer" usually appears when there's an issue with the Xbox Game Bar or the Xbox app on your system. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.

3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

2. Repair and Reset the Xbox Game Bar and Xbox app: Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox game bar app > click on it and select advanced options. After that, click repair and then reset. Then do the same for the Xbox app.

3. Reinstall the Game Bar via PowerShell command:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.
    • Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system:
    [table][tr]Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage[/tr][/table]
    Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Jana Refaat Win User

Hello, thanks for responding

but I followed the same steps and it still wasn't working

I tried to join my friend's game from the Xbox app but the same message popped out !
Thema:

1. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer" - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  4. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  5. "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox": I have been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc but I keep getting this text box "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox" I'm an adult but I still have this issue....
  6. Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.: I been keep getting this from 2 days ago until now whenever i turn on my xbox and automatically connects to my account, it automatically disconnects it and whenever i try too sign in again gives...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...
  8. Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...: I keep trying to play Roblox with my friends on Xbox but when they send an invite I get a popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" and it says "look for app in...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this roblox-player link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this roblox-player link: I was playing roblox like usual playing some bedwars, I left because I was going to my Grandparents house. When I came back, A message popped up while I was trying to play, is said "You'll need a...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have Forza Horizon 5 on steam. I can't join my friend game, it say You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer. and its take me to forza horizon 5 in microsoft store i try to join my...