You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?

Discus and support You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When we play Fortnite or any games in our Xbox console. The gamertag will show is the Xbox gamertag since Gamertag serves as the player’s... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ean Taylor, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Ean Taylor
    Ean Taylor Guest

You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?

When we play Fortnite or any games in our Xbox console. The gamertag will show is the Xbox gamertag since Gamertag serves as the player’s “identification” when logging in to Xbox Live. As of the moment, I am afraid to inform you that we cannot customize the gamertag if we wanted to use the in-game gamertag or the Xbox gamertag when we play games in our Xbox console.

:)

Ean Taylor, Aug 8, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere

You can change your display name through Epic independent of your gamertag and that should update your name in Fortnite. https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-U...y-name-a5720285595291?sessionInvalidated=true

If you want to update it anywhere else on Xbox, you'd have to pay to change it again. The system does usually show a warning when you change your tag. It basically shows you how it will show in certain areas versus how it will show in others.
  3. XBF George L Win User

Kann ich mein Fortnite anzeigenamen ändern wenn ja möchte ich es Der King 42 nennen

Hello Der King 42!

Thanks for bringing this inquiry to our attention here on the forums. If you're having trouble with your Epic Games Account I recommend you

contact Fortnite Support
    . What platform are you playing Fortnite on? The closest thing to changing the display name in Fortnite would be to set up a gamertag change that would then be reflected in game.

How to change your Xbox gamertag
  4. EnolaCat Win User

Change FortNite Name

Hey dubstir --

Using a web browser, go to https://www.epicgames.com and sign into your account. You'll have the option to choose the platform your account is on when logging in. Choose the Xbox icon to sign into your account using your Xbox Gamertag and credentials. Once
    logged in, you should see your Epic Name displayed in the top right-hand corner of the web page, click on your name and go to "Account". Before you can change your Epic Name (Fortnite Display Name) you'll need to ensure you've verified your account via email.

You will see your "Display Name" in the first field. If you are eligible for a name change, you can do it there. You can only change your Epic Name every 2 weeks, so ensure you really want the name that you've chosen and that it doesn't violate Epic Games or
    Xbox Codes of Conduct of course.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Does fortnite support the new gamertag system

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Pancake

Looking similar threads, it seems that fortnite uses your Epic account name.

Could you double check this?

MoroseBadger600 response:

"Epic games GT and xbox GT are not linked i'm sorry but i found a way how to change your epic games name
    Visit your account's ACCOUNT INFO page.
    In the box labeled DISPLAY NAME, enter your desired new display name.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  6. El Mago tv Win User

Change FortNite Name

fortnite on xbox goes by your gamertag name not your epic games name. So either make a new xbox gamertag or pay the 10$ fee to change your xbox gamertag
Thema:

1. You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag? - Similar Threads - play fortnite epic

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  4. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  5. how can I play fortnite through the xbox pc app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can I play fortnite through the xbox pc app?: I can play fortnite through the xcloud website but how can I play fortnite through the xbox pc app? I would like to play fortnite through the xbox pc app using cloud gaming...
  6. Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...: Ive tryed to change things in steam and in control panel please help me cebf506c-990f-499d-9132-9c0eac4fd456
  7. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  8. Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...: I have both playstation and xbox accounts connected to one email and i want to play with my xbox's progress, for some reason when i try to login to epic games with my xbox account it says it sent...
  9. Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser: Hi, I’m having a problem with Xbox Cloud Gaming. I want to play Fortnite on my browser, but I can’t sign in to my Epic Games account. I have tried clearing my cache, resetting my password, and...
  10. Stupid epic games that makes me wait a long time just to play fortnite which takes way less...

in XboX Insiders
    Stupid epic games that makes me wait a long time just to play fortnite which takes way less...: Your fucking app is so fucking shit. I wait 2 hours just to be not able to switch to keyboard in game. Then i have to restart the wait another 2 hours just in the queue which takes 4 minutes when...