“You need a controller to play this game”

Discus and support “You need a controller to play this game” in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m using my Xbox series S controller with a USB-C to USB wired connection, and I frequently get the message “you need a controller to play this game”... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Realzmg, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Realzmg
    Realzmg Guest

I’m using my Xbox series S controller with a USB-C to USB wired connection, and I frequently get the message “you need a controller to play this game” when playing. I haven’t played other games since this started, so I assume it only occurs when I play Fortnite. Is there anything I can do?

:)

Realzmg, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Realzmg, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Let me know if it works!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

"you need a controller to play this game"?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Magmes

Additional information is needed, please answer the following questions to assist you properly:

Is this happening on Xbox?
    If yes, what console do you have?
    Is this happening only with Fortnite or if you try a different game the issue persist?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this problem
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. JustinHarris1986 Win User

"You need a controller to play this game"

Hey why this Xbox say I need a controller for this game
  5. FuadAlhariri Win User

"You need a controller to play this game"

How do I start the game while using mouse and keyboard, I can’t start it with mouse and keyboard so I have to use the controller
  6. ngocphi Win User

You need a controller to play this game

And some games only support controllers
Thema:

1. “You need a controller to play this game” - Similar Threads - “You need controller

2. "you will need internet for this microsoft store"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "you will need internet for this microsoft store": Im trying to login with my microsoft and xbox account but they both say "you will need internet for this" When my internet in games and online works just fine. Cant play minecraft because of this...
  3. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  4. Where on the application page you need to select a country, but I don’t have it there!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where on the application page you need to select a country, but I don’t have it there!: Hello dear Administrators, I would like to ask, I have very good experience for the marketplace and wanted to submit my application for partners, and at the point where I need to select my...
  5. I need to ask you a question? Hopefully you can help me.

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to ask you a question? Hopefully you can help me.: I don’t know what it means. I’m my Xbox because I got seven strikes and then on the bottom says my expiration date May 24 of 2024 is that mean that they gonna cancel my membership or do I have to...
  6. 2 things xbox mircosoft windows need to make right or anything else you do will not matter...

in XboX Insiders
    2 things xbox mircosoft windows need to make right or anything else you do will not matter...: the biggest and number one thing xbox, mircosoft, windows can do is stop lying this is the main reason why you dumbasses are so disliked period ! dont think this will be eazy because it will not...
  7. I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?: Hello, with the holidays just recently ive had family visiting and friends. My cousins came over yesterday and one of them wanted to play minecraft and i let them on my laptop. Come to find out...
  8. When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7...: When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7 error “this is my problem in Xbox 3713cff3-15ef-46cc-928f-56f246f59954
  9. "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox": I have been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc but I keep getting this text box "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: xbox" I'm an adult but I still have this issue....
  10. Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...: Just what the question is asking. Im trying to use turning my controller off for a very specific glitch but the popup is making me unable to do so. 0e48f0da-f3ce-4b4a-9c69-d19588cd2589