You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

Discus and support You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox game pass says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up" but all my settings are on allow... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alyssa Harrison1, Jan 11, 2024.

1. You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

My xbox game pass says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up" but all my settings are on allow and it still won't let me use these features

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility / Other***

:)

Alyssa Harrison1, Jan 11, 2024
  2. BebopFusion Win User

you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.

Okay, so I think I got it. It looks like you need to go to the Xbox account settings, not the ones through the general Microsoft site.

at the bottom of the YOUR PROFILE page on the Microsoft website, there is an option for GO TO YOUR XBOX PROFILE. This took me to https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Profile .
    In that page, I clicked PRIVACY SETTINGS and there was a list of options of what my signed-in profile can do. I clicked the third option's first item,

"You can see and upload community creations
    Decide whose community creations you want to see.

Blocking this may affect whether you can upload your own creations in some game."

The "EVERYONE" box is now selected.

This resolved my issue, as far as I know.

Best of Luck.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.

Hello, ghezel. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please try to change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Set all the settings to "Allow" or "Everyone" on the two tabs:

Privacy;

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Windows 10 Online Security;

Note: If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

If this does not work, please let me know so we can proceed troubleshooting it. Also, please tell me all the steps you already performed so I can know what you already did and did not work.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

Hello Alyssa,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble playing with content created by other players on Xbox Game Pass. This error message usually appears when there are restrictions set on your account that prevent you from accessing user-generated content. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If we may ask, what game are you trying to play when this error had occurred? Is your account been managed by parent or organizer under Family group? It is possible that due to restriction with your account, the organizer or parent should make some changes to enable the settings.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your account settings: Go to your Xbox account settings and make sure that all the settings related to user-generated content are set to "Allow." If your account is managed by your parent or organizer of Family group, the parent's account must be signed in to change the settings.

In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety

• Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit
    To enable chat for people not on the child's friends list:

In the table header:

• Click Privacy
    • Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    • Select Friends or Everyone then click submit
    2. Clear your cache: Clearing your Xbox cache can sometimes help resolve issues with accessing user-generated content. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

3. Check your parental controls: If you have parental controls set up on your account, make sure that they are not blocking access to user-generated content.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Alyssa Harrison1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

6. WalterFlores4 Win User

Thema:

1. You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up - Similar Threads - can't play content

2. You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up: My xbox game pass says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up" but all my settings are on allow and it still won't let me use these features...
  3. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  4. i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...: Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam is a mess. Everybody knows that. But recently, i just can't seem to do anything online. I can't start multiplayer matchmaking, i can't even invite my...
  5. how do you fix you can't play with content created by other players because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you fix you can't play with content created by other players because of how your...: please help me with this i have been trying to fix it for months and can't find any solutions 2738d270-d4d0-4d7a-b80b-c8ab766b4bfc
  6. you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.: I bought among us today then i logged in and everything and wanted to play but then a screen pops up saying you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set...
  7. you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up...: Ive bought xbox pc game pass yerstarday and today i downloaded forza 5. Ive played a bit and i found out i couldnt enter the auction house because of my privacy settings. Ive changed the...
  8. Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found."

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found.": I'm having trouble with the Halo Master Chief Collection. I bought the PC version download. I don't have an Xbox, but we were told we could play it on the PC. Then I also bought the gamepass when...
  9. xboc settings on pc You can't play with content created by other players because of how...

in XBoX on Windows
    xboc settings on pc You can't play with content created by other players because of how...: I just installed fantasy star online 2 from the windows star and can not log in to start the game. When I try to log in it tells me: "Change your settings to play" : You can't play with content...
  10. you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.

in XBoX on Windows
    you can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up.: Just downloaded Phantasy Star Online 2 off of the microsoft store last night, and have been trying to play it for the past hour. But when I try to get into game I'm given the error "You can't play...