XSX shutdown when update

Discus and support XSX shutdown when update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off. After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YI WANG2, Oct 8, 2023.

1. YI WANG2
    YI WANG2 Guest

XSX shutdown when update

When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off.

After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the power button, it will turn off again after few seconds. Only if i pull off power line, and then connet power line, pressing power button can work. And the machine start update again from beginning and repeat the problem.

Have tried reseting xsx, still the same question.

:)

YI WANG2, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

XSX shutdown when update

3. YI WANG2 Win User

XSX shutdown when update

Hi,

I've tried offline system update, unfortunately it didn't work.

I am requiring warranty service. Still, thanks for your replying.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

XSX shutdown when update

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X console. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

There could be a severe issue with your console software or the internal power supply. Just in case this would work, try to perform an offline system update. Here's how:

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

To perform the update:

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    Open the Offline System Update file OSU1.

OSU1 https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update (You can download the OSU1 here at this link)

Click Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer.
    Unzip the file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract all from the pop-up menu.
    Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your flash drive.

Note: The files should be copied to the root directory, and there shouldn't be any other files on the flash drive.

Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

Then bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Here's how:

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button  on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.

Note: The console restart may take several minutes. If you were using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the Internet, you will need to connect at least once during your system setup process.

When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

If the offline system update didn't work and your console still keeps on turning off during update, I would highly recommend you check for your free Xbox series X console warranty repair order by signing your account and registering the console serial number here at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...f-the-offline-system-update-is-not-successful

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. M.Bocoglu Win User

Xbox Series X crashing/shutting down in Gears 5

I finished the Gears 5's campaign and thats it, i will not play the multiplayer. I just trying to figure out if my console is faulty or not. if i can be sure %100 then i will send my xsx for replacement. But because i played a lot of games via Gamepass and they did not shutdown my xbox im fine with my xsx rightnow but i wonder what will happen in the future. Even if i get another shutdown from any other game i will send my xbox but until now it did not happened.

And i saw that moderator's post but that patch was for new games like 2K22 and COD. As i see they did not nothing for Gears 5. Even Gears Tactics shutsdown the console. As i say before i get only shutdown in ACT 4 this is the last mission and thats strange too.
  6. Goatlips Win User

Instant-on option Xbox S series is missing.

XSX UK version has no 'Instant On' mode either. My 2 options for 'Sleep mode' are 'Energy saver', or 'Standby'.

I noticed my XSX was venting warm air in Standby mode 9hrs after use, so I switched to Energy saver mode. But then game downloads whilst off didn't continue to download.

Apparently, an update changed things to allow 'game updates' in Energy saver mode when off, but 'game updates' are just patches?

I have tried ES mode to DL Game Pass games, but they pause when the XSX is off. Remote DLs via the app won't work either in ES mode.

So, I've had to turn it back to standard power-greedy 'Standby' mode to DL games whilst off - although it seems very slow compared to when the XSX is fully on.

I think games only DL in ES mode for the first 1m45s, at which point you hear the XSX rev up and go silent again - and in that time my console has only DL-ed about 0.02GB, and at that rate it'd take about 1 day to DL a big game! My 'fibre broadband' is pretty poor though: The XSX in-built speed test says the DL speed is 15Mbps, at best.
Thema:

XSX shutdown when update

1. XSX shutdown when update - Similar Threads - XSX shutdown update

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度

in XBoX Games and Apps
    机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度: 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度 a74ea200-dc56-4018-bdfe-3c6a9f1fd59c
  9. pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?

in XBoX on Consoles
    pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?: I can no longer run gpu captures for xsx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling the GDK but every time I try a gpu capture I get a message about a file not found. PIX is displaying the game just...
  10. Does anyone know how to live stream to YouTube from XSX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to live stream to YouTube from XSX?: So I have access to My Logi Webcam, TV, Xbox Series X along with a few cords (HDMI adapters), and if need be an HP Laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to stream to YouTube from the Xbox there has...