XSX - Output from HDMI 2.1 to Displayport

Discus and support XSX - Output from HDMI 2.1 to Displayport in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will there be some type of adapter created to allow output to a monitor that has HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2? I have just purchased a 1440p 144 Hz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alexfelice, Oct 20, 2020.

1. alexfelice
    alexfelice Guest

Will there be some type of adapter created to allow output to a monitor that has HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2? I have just purchased a 1440p 144 Hz monitor, but the I/O is a bit outdated. If I am forced to use only HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 1.4, I am afraid it
    will be capped at 60Hz for 1440p, whereas the DP would allow up to 144Hz (or 120Hz if supported) in 1440p. Wondering if I will be stuck choosing between 1440p 60Hz and 1080p 120Hz or if Microsoft has considered that a lot of folks may be in this position.
    My particular monitor is the Acer ED273UR.

:)

alexfelice, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Strong aliasing Xbox Series X

I'm not sure if the DisplayPort is the issue here. It is very good and has pretty much the same specs as the HDMI 2.1, but it has a bandwidth of 32,4 Gbps vs 48Gbps of HDMI 2.1.

Does your monitor has a output HDMI port so you can test connecting your console by HDMI instead of DisplayPort?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4

There's no HDMI 2.1 to Displayport 1.4 adaptors available as of yet,

There are Displayport 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adaptors available, but the signal only goes one direction and the Series X does not have a Displayport,

also with adaptor you run the risk of getting higher latency input, lower refresh rate, poor image quality,

for a clean bandwidth signal, it's best to connect straight HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport.
  4. dempup Win User

Can i run 1440P 144hz/120hz on Series X with HDMI 2.0?

Hi Sasa.

In bandwidth theory yes, in reality most likely not. 1440p @ 120fps, gives your around 3,3 Gbps pr. channel in 10bit, and should land but the XsX will not output it if it does not detect HDMI 2.1.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X

Don't hold your breath on the EVE, they did something very similar a few years back on a laptop people wanted that never got released, and nobody got their $100 back.

Anyway, manufactures are in no rush to add HDMI 2.1 to their monitors. Until GPU's support 2.1, monitors will not. I been talking to a company called HDFury, they are widely use in the home theater world, I currently use their Linker for my projector. They
    are in the works of making a HDMI 2.1 to Displayport converter. This will be an active converter, meaning it needs power and it also needs programming via a PC. They are just waiting on true 2.1 48Gbps chip sets.
    I know that EVE has a poor reputation and i will never buy direct from them, I will wait until their monitor's are sold at or on major retailers site's such as Amazon before i buy.

The RTX 3000 series cards are out sometime in September or after and support HDMI 2.1 and with rumored DisplayPort 2.0

I'm not a fan of using HDMI to DisplayPort adapter / converters and will never use them, i prefer to connect straight HDMI to HDMI or DisplayPort to DisplayPort.
  6. michaelmara1 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to Displayport

I have same issue need a hdmi 2.1 to connect to dp 1.4 on my monitor for xbox series x.
Thema:

1. XSX - Output from HDMI 2.1 to Displayport - Similar Threads - XSX Output HDMI

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度

in XBoX Games and Apps
    机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度: 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度 a74ea200-dc56-4018-bdfe-3c6a9f1fd59c
  9. XSX shutdown when update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX shutdown when update: When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off. After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the power button, it will turn off again after few...
  10. pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?

in XBoX on Consoles
    pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?: I can no longer run gpu captures for xsx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling the GDK but every time I try a gpu capture I get a message about a file not found. PIX is displaying the game just...