XSS “Can’t connect to your wireless network” on startup

Discus and support XSS “Can’t connect to your wireless network” on startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Most times when I turn on my xbox it won’t connect to the internet, but will have my wifi name under network status with an error symbol. I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BenChook, Oct 24, 2022.

1. BenChook
    BenChook Guest

Most times when I turn on my xbox it won’t connect to the internet, but will have my wifi name under network status with an error symbol. I have to manually type the password for it to work. Has been happening for a few months now with some weeks where it would auto connect on startup like it should. No other device on my wifi has this issue that i know of.

It says “NAT Type: Getting info…” and stays there, if that helps

:)

BenChook, Oct 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello BenChook, by your description this can be both on the console side and from your modem/router.

In case the console is failing to take the DHCP information and keep it in the console.

Before you try any procedures on the console such as a cache cleanup or reset, try restarting your modem/router and verifying that it doesn't need any firmware updates.

And once restarted, try the procedures below.

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Then do the procedure below:

MAC Address

Settings » Network Settings » Advanced Settings » Alternate MAC Address » Click Clear

Will ask to restart the console.
  3. xbox360italy Win User

cant connect to xbox live

4. DEVlN Win User

connecting to xbox live

Hey there. I did some research on your "modem". The USB WAP modem won't always connect on startup. The console runs two network tests on STARTUP that looks for the Ethernet cable and the Wireless networking tool. If the console cannot establish a connection
    using an Ethernet cable or the Wireless, you will sign in offline. However, if you connect afterwards, the console will search all available connection methods and attempt to sign you onto the LIVE Network that way. Hope this helped!
  5. xbox360italy Win User

xbox when turns on makes my internet crash please help

6. Lukemitch2018 Win User

My Xbox won’t connect to internet after moving from America to japan

I get the message “can’t connect to your wireless network” and then it gives me steps to fix it, none of which work
Thema:

1. XSS “Can’t connect to your wireless network” on startup - Similar Threads - XSS “Can’t connect

2. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  3. Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?: For months now, I've had the same game being pushed on me over and over with the Xbox Home ads. Not once have I even considered installing Fortnite as it is a game for toxic children yet you seem...
  4. Alan Wake 2 crashes XSS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alan Wake 2 crashes XSS: Hello! Alan wake 2 instantly hard crashing after 1 one or more hours of playing on Xbox series s 83ac7599-de26-4e97-9efd-f6846dcfd1fc
  5. RedFall keyboard and mouse settings on XSS

in XBoX Accessibility
    RedFall keyboard and mouse settings on XSS: Hello, i want to play Redfall on Xbox SS with keyboard and mouse, they said game will suport it, but.. in game is not some settings for it, so my keybord works just in xbox interface, any help? I...
  6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate achievement on xss cannot be completed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate achievement on xss cannot be completed: The achievements of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate on xss have met or exceeded the achievement requirements but cannot be completed, including most unsporting, Treasure Hunter, You Shouldn't Steal a...
  7. Mouse not working properly in XSS games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse not working properly in XSS games: I play zombie army 4, sniper elite 5, deep rock galatic and high on life on my XSS and experienced mouse input lag with acceleration and the cursor movement is jumpy. is there a way to fix it?...
  8. I have a problem with my monitor because there is no external audio jack, can xss use...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with my monitor because there is no external audio jack, can xss use...: I have a problem with my monitor because there is no external audio jack, can xss use external audio? 1a959e8b-84de-47cf-a6f6-96b52328f9e4
  9. Local Cache keeps filling on both XSX and XSS

in XboX Insiders
    Local Cache keeps filling on both XSX and XSS: I keep getting my local cache full about what seems 1x a week on both my XSS and XSX, before I begin to get the message that the cache is full. The only way to clear the message is to reset the...
  10. XSS: Trim button appears greyed out and the clips have no audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XSS: Trim button appears greyed out and the clips have no audio: I've been having this issue for a few days both in Series S and Series X: I record clips, but when previewing them they have no audio and trim button appears greyed out, so I'm not able to trim...