XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360?

Discus and support XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So while looking at a wiki page for Phantom Dust, because it's getting a Remaster, I saw that it's Xbox Live service was up for who knows how long... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TechnicallyCalm, Jun 13, 2016.

1. XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360?

So while looking at a wiki page for Phantom Dust, because it's getting a Remaster, I saw that it's Xbox Live service was up for who knows how long until 2014. When I tired looking up to see why Xbox live was available for OG Xbox games, I stumbled across
    XLink Kai, which allows you to play games on older systems, that don't have online services anymore, "online". From what I have read it just tricks the system into using system link for online play. And I would like to know if it would be alright for me to
    basic "mod" my Xbox 360 to play OG Xbox games MP.

:)

TechnicallyCalm, Jun 13, 2016
  2. Sahil Uchil
    Sahil Uchil Guest
    Xlink Kia and XBConnect

Just wanted to know, will my console get banned if i use xlink kai or xbconnect.

Sahil Uchil, Jun 13, 2016
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    can i use xbc or XLinkKa on my xbox

XLink Kai has nothing to do with XBOX Live. It only deals with System Link traffic.

If you're concerned, log out of your Live profile before attempting to access XLink Kai services via an original XBOX game title.

I wouldn't use it for XBOX 360 titles as that could be considered system tampering.

IceStorm III, Jun 13, 2016
  4. XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360?

I am positive that modding any hardware is illegal and could get your gamertag and console permanently banned

Juan-A1DD6DFB-C925-46E0-A267-4A53E2657D78, Jun 13, 2016
  5. Jasperrdm
    Jasperrdm Guest
    You mod and you and your console are gone.

Jasperrdm, Jun 14, 2016
  6. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    TechnicallyCalm, Terms of Use are in regards to the Service.

The keyword being Service, if it is currently active being a Service provided by MS you cannot violate the ToU without possibly being removed from that Service (Hardware and Software/ Console and Profile).

Now look at the original Xbox and original Xbox LIVE Service, there isn't any Service. There is not Terms that are violated for a Service that does not exist. In the future when the Service of Xbox LIVE is shut down for the Xbox 360 the same will apply to that
    non-existent Service.

In short, without a Service to use there is no Terms of Use for that Service that does not exist. Feel free to turn your original and in time Xbox 360 into whatever you wish without violating the ToU that do not exist for that specific Hardware.

Elohmn, Jun 14, 2016
  7. From what I have read, you don't actually do anything to or console or install anything on it. You install everything on your PC and it tricks your Xbox into using system link for online play. I don't even think it can be detected. This works for the OG
    Xbox and the Xbox 360.

TechnicallyCalm, Jun 16, 2016
  8. XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360?

And thanks Elohmn. I'm probably in a grey area, since I would be playing OG Xbox games online, and there is no service for it anymore, so I won't be breaking the ToU.

TechnicallyCalm, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Elohmn Win User

TechnicallyCalm, Terms of Use are in regards to the Service.

The keyword being Service, if it is currently active being a Service provided by MS you cannot violate the ToU without possibly being removed from that Service (Hardware and Software/ Console and Profile).

Now look at the original Xbox and original Xbox LIVE Service, there isn't any Service. There is not Terms that are violated for a Service that does not exist. In the future when the Service of Xbox LIVE is shut down for the Xbox 360 the same will apply to that
    non-existent Service.

In short, without a Service to use there is no Terms of Use for that Service that does not exist. Feel free to turn your original and in time Xbox 360 into whatever you wish without violating the ToU that do not exist for that specific Hardware.
  10. Jasperrdm Win User

You mod and you and your console are gone.
  11. TechnicallyCalm Win User

From what I have read, you don't actually do anything to or console or install anything on it. You install everything on your PC and it tricks your Xbox into using system link for online play. I don't even think it can be detected. This works for the OG
    Xbox and the Xbox 360.
  12. Juan-A1DD6DFB-C925-4 Win User

I am positive that modding any hardware is illegal and could get your gamertag and console permanently banned
  13. TechnicallyCalm Win User

And thanks Elohmn. I'm probably in a grey area, since I would be playing OG Xbox games online, and there is no service for it anymore, so I won't be breaking the ToU.
Thema:

1. XLink Kai. Is it alright to use on my Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - XLink Kai alright

2. Alright I need help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alright I need help please: I am so close to trashing this Xbox. I am playing madden and mid game play it just crashes and goes to dashboard. It also happens to almost every single one of my games besides the Xbox 360 games....
  3. Alright so... topic: Cheaters, Modders, Smurf Accounts, and Griefers on general.

in XBoX on Windows
    Alright so... topic: Cheaters, Modders, Smurf Accounts, and Griefers on general.: Hello, I'm curious in the sense if my reports even make it into the xbox system about alot of the cheaters I come across and how they can fight smurf or fake extra accounts to avoid bans. Game...
  4. Hori Steering Wheel Overdrive KAI foot pedals not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hori Steering Wheel Overdrive KAI foot pedals not working.: I recently found a Hori Steering Wheel Overdrive KAI in my garage and it had the food pedals with it. And the steering wheel is working just fine, but the pedals don't work. I am playing Need for...
  5. Alright. This Reporting System is Busted.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alright. This Reporting System is Busted.: A week-or-so ago, I was playing For Honor, and got frustrated. Sent a Guy some messages, 'cuz that's what Gamers do, and eventually let up and admitted I was under the influence, of which I'm...
  6. hello my name is kai and i was playing on my xbox one s console and all of a sudden it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello my name is kai and i was playing on my xbox one s console and all of a sudden it...: i thought it might be power issues but to no avail i even re downloaded the software again it keep on turning off randomly i had it cleaned and put heat grease and still so power isn’t the issue...
  7. Issue with Hori RAP One Kai Fighting Stick on Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with Hori RAP One Kai Fighting Stick on Xbox One: Hello, I recently purchased a Hori RAP One Kai Fighting Stick for my Xbox One X. Unfortunately I experienced a problem when using it on my Xbox One X. Switching controls for the stick (DP, LS,...
  8. Help! HORI Real Arcade Pro V Kai No Longer Recognized on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! HORI Real Arcade Pro V Kai No Longer Recognized on Xbox One: I hooked up my HORI RAP V Kai to both my Xbox One and my Xbox One X last night to try them on Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, but neither console responds to the controller anymore. I hooked it...
  9. Can't Use Arcade Stick Hori RapV Kai with Cuphead

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Use Arcade Stick Hori RapV Kai with Cuphead: I thought it would be great to use my arcade stick with Cuphead for both comfort and nostalgia, but the game doesn't recognize my stick. Is this only affecting the HRAPV Kai or other arcade...
  10. Chromehounds on xbconnect or xlink kai?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chromehounds on xbconnect or xlink kai?: Has anyone tried playing multiplayer on either of these programs? Guy on another forum said he could battle, but not play the war. Something is better than nothing right. Hit me up if you have...