Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands

Discus and support Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I use the "watch ..." command the Xbox sends a signal that brings up the search bar but doesnt actually change the channel. If I clear the one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mastalin, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Mastalin
    Mastalin Guest

Whenever I use the "watch ..." command the Xbox sends a signal that brings up the search bar but doesnt actually change the channel. If I clear the one guide history it will change the channel one time and then resume the search bar glitch. Anyone else have
    this issue.

:)

Mastalin, Sep 4, 2014
  2. Gman Crafty
    Gman Crafty Guest
    IR Cable not enough to change channels on OneGuide

I have the same issue with my Box it is an Xfinity model AX014ANC. There doesn't seem to be a code that works in setup to allow the Kinect to change the channels of the Comcast/Xfinity X1 box. I'm as lost as you are.... Insert swear words here!!!!

Gman Crafty, Sep 4, 2014
  3. Brant I
    Brant I Guest
    Need Code For Comcast Xfinity X1 Platform

Stud - Thanks for replying. The Kinect can turn on the box and TV, it can pause and rewind the box, it can mute, it can do pretty much everything except change the channel. It exhibits the same issue through voice commands or manually selecting in OneGuide.
    The guide and kinect know its the right channel but it just can't seem to execute. If I say 'Xbox Watch ESPN' it will come up on the screen to show the command and then attempt to change the channel to 850 which is ESPN but it will come up as 85 or 80. Half
    the time the OK command is sent and the channel changes to the wrong channel and the other half of the time no OK command is sent and the search box just stays up on the screen.

Yes I have used a non-iphone camera before and can see the signal being sent and I can see the X1 box IR react when the kinect is sending a command.

I have tried a number of different on the entertainment rack (my TV is mounted on the wall above a fireplace) and hasn't appeared to make a difference. How many feet/yards would you recommend the Kinect being away from the X1 box?

Really appreciate the assistance.

Brant I, Sep 4, 2014
  4. Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands

And changing via OneGuide and controller works every time, it's just voice that's broken?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Sep 9, 2014
  5. Mastalin
    Mastalin Guest
    No it doesnt work either way. Ive live chatted and been to the support page ive even tried to hard reset my console to factory.

Mastalin, Sep 9, 2014
  6. OK, it sounds like you have 1 of 2 problems:

1) The Kinect doesn't have line of sight to your X1 box to control it

2) You don't have the right codeset configured for it. You need to be at C1982. You can directly enter that from TV & OneGuide settings -> Device Control -> Cable/sat box -> Enter a remote code.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Sep 9, 2014
  7. Mastalin
    Mastalin Guest
    The kinect communicates with the box it just brings up the search and tries to input the number instead of changing the channel. C1982 is the control code I manually entered already.

Mastalin, Sep 9, 2014
  8. Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands

Thanks for explaining. We send the "OK" command after channel change for the X1. Is that the button you press on your remote to get rid of the search UI?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Sep 15, 2014
  9. I have this exact same problem. I have the X1 cable box model MX011ANM configured manually using the model number (not remote code).

All other voice commands appear to work, but changing the channels just brings up the X1 search screen with the channel number. No "Ok" signal is sent. If I hit OK on the Comcast remote after using the Xbox voice command it works.

Any ideas?

Aellus-E14CFDC5-9D8C-4FB3-B66F-189DC17EC1DF, Oct 28, 2014
  10. I just checked and it is using remote code C4447. It must have picked that automatically from the model number.

Aellus-E14CFDC5-9D8C-4FB3-B66F-189DC17EC1DF, Oct 28, 2014
  11. Yeah, you'll want C1982 for the best channel change experience for your Comcast X1.

I assume it came with the XR2 remote? If so, that remote using C1982.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 29, 2014
  12. Aellus-E14CFDC5-9D8C-4FB3-B66F-189DC17EC1DF, Oct 29, 2014
  13. Jebus 116
    Jebus 116 Guest

Just wanted to say that code C1982 totally worked for me. I was having the same exact issue described here. Go to setting and manually enter the remote code C1982 and now when it inputs the channel number it should hit "enter" so to speak. Works great now.
    Thanks

Jebus 116, Oct 31, 2014
  14. spokrie
    spokrie Guest
    C1982 fixed the say issue for me.

spokrie, Nov 1, 2018
  15. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Yeah, you'll want C1982 for the best channel change experience for your Comcast X1.

I assume it came with the XR2 remote? If so, that remote using C1982.
  16. Aellus-E14CFDC5-9D8C Win User

I have this exact same problem. I have the X1 cable box model MX011ANM configured manually using the model number (not remote code).

All other voice commands appear to work, but changing the channels just brings up the X1 search screen with the channel number. No "Ok" signal is sent. If I hit OK on the Comcast remote after using the Xbox voice command it works.

Any ideas?
  17. spokrie Win User

C1982 fixed the say issue for me.
  18. Mastalin Win User

The kinect communicates with the box it just brings up the search and tries to input the number instead of changing the channel. C1982 is the control code I manually entered already.
  19. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

OK, it sounds like you have 1 of 2 problems:

1) The Kinect doesn't have line of sight to your X1 box to control it

2) You don't have the right codeset configured for it. You need to be at C1982. You can directly enter that from TV & OneGuide settings -> Device Control -> Cable/sat box -> Enter a remote code.
Thema:

1. Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands - Similar Threads - Xfinity box PX001anc

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox: I’ve tried the authentication process from 4 different web browsers and they all cut me off after I press “connect” without even showing me the login screen to enter my information, I’ve tried...
  6. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  7. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  8. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  9. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  10. Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?: There is an issue with the Xfinity hotspot Wi-Fi where you you are unable to provide log in information for xfinity on the Xbox edge browser. Previously, I had used my phones MAC address on my...