Xcloud device id issues

Discus and support Xcloud device id issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft xCloud Team, I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tim, and I am deeply involved in managing a server for DayZ, a game that has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OzzieHouso, Feb 27, 2024.

1. OzzieHouso
    OzzieHouso Guest

Xcloud device id issues

Dear Microsoft xCloud Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tim, and I am deeply involved in managing a server for DayZ, a game that has fostered a vibrant and engaging community. I have recently encountered a significant challenge with integrating cloud gaming services, such as xCloud, into our gaming environment. This issue primarily concerns the difficulty in effectively managing and identifying player accounts due to the variability of device IDs associated with cloud gaming sessions.

Cloud gaming's nature, where hardware can vary significantly from session to session, allows players who have been banned for violating server rules to easily circumvent these bans by rejoining the server under a new device ID. This loophole significantly undermines our efforts to maintain a fair and secure gaming environment for all participants.

In light of Microsoft's leadership in cloud gaming technology, I am reaching out to request your assistance in addressing this challenge. Specifically, I propose the introduction of additional identifiers for cloud-based devices accessing games like DayZ. These identifiers would enable a consistent method to track player activity and manage accounts more effectively, regardless of hardware changes.

Utilizing services provided by Bohemia Interactive, I can log my own DayZ account ID. However, when using xCloud, the device ID changes with each session. Occasionally, I receive the same session ID as another user due to the reliance on a single device ID for logging, causing confusion in the software we use to track banned individuals by device ID for added security.

The ideal solution would entail Microsoft implementing a system that assigns a unique, persistent identifier to each user's cloud gaming session. This identifier, distinct from the device ID, would remain constant across different sessions and hardware. Such a system would enable server administrators like myself to:

- Accurately track player behavior and account history.

- Efficiently enforce bans and restrictions on players who violate server rules.

- Enhance the overall security and fairness of the gaming environment.

- Distinguish between console and cloud-based sessions.

I understand the complexity of this request and the considerations involved in balancing user privacy with the needs of game server administration. Nonetheless, I am confident that with Microsoft's expertise and innovative approach to cloud gaming, we can find a solution that respects user privacy while significantly improving our ability to manage player accounts in cloud-based gaming scenarios.

I am fully committed to collaborating closely with your team to explore potential solutions and provide any additional information you may require. Your support in this matter would be invaluable to us and the broader gaming community, ensuring a safer and more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I look forward to the possibility of working together to address this challenge.

Warm regards,

Tim

:)

OzzieHouso, Feb 27, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xcloud device id issues