Xbsx broadcasting as a WIFI access point - Alpha skip ahead

Discus and support Xbsx broadcasting as a WIFI access point - Alpha skip ahead in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am aware of how strange that sounds.... First noticed it last night when hooking up my Wii U(figured I'd get some mario kart in before nintendo... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thedoctorstatic, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Xbsx broadcasting as a WIFI access point - Alpha skip ahead

I am aware of how strange that sounds....

First noticed it last night when hooking up my Wii U(figured I'd get some mario kart in before nintendo shutsdown the service in a few months), and when I went to select a wireless network, I see an SSID: DIRECT-HAXBOXSERIESms

Which surprised me, so I checked on my two win10 desktops & win11 laptop, which didn't detect it.

My phone can see it, as can 3 old ones I dug up, and likewise with my ps4.

The network has WEP so I haven't been able to connect to it.

My Xbox is on ethernet, and I am 100% sure the access point is coming from xbox as it disappears the second the console is off, and pops back up when I turn it on.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any idea what is going on? I really don't want to do a deep dive packet inspection to see what it might be doing if I don't have to lol

submitted by /u/thedoctorstatic
    [link] [comments]

/u/thedoctorstatic, Oct 15, 2023
  2. luissolid Win User

I have the latest BETA (not alpha, etc) and I still didn't get the new dashboard!

The new home its for some Alpha skip ahead, but dont worry a certain point the beta ring will have access.

Regards!
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?

In the alpha skip ahead, still no update. "Alpha Skip Ahead" clearly means something else... :')
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Alpha skip-Ahead

Hi, Wuhey

Unfortunately all the Alpha Skip Ahead spots have been filled. I am sure if you carry on reporting, that when they get spaces, you'll get another invite.y

You can join in with the Insider community here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/new/
  5. dxrules Win User

Views on game pass ultimate?

It is only for alpha and alpha skip ahead unfortunately for now.
  6. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Xbox wont update or install games

Well if he's in the insider programn then he got a update today had the same issue the alpha & apha skip ahead builds are broken for 50% of the people that are ih that group so don't update your console if you're in alpha or alpha skip ahead
Thema:

Xbsx broadcasting as a WIFI access point - Alpha skip ahead

1. Xbsx broadcasting as a WIFI access point - Alpha skip ahead - Similar Threads - Xbsx broadcasting WIFI

2. Xbox Dev Menu - XBSX is restarting itself upon trying to proceed to second step (getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Dev Menu - XBSX is restarting itself upon trying to proceed to second step (getting...: In my company, we were trying to switch one of the XBSX consoles to Dev Mode using Xbox Dev Menu app downloaded from the Microsoft Store on XBSX. After trying to do so, the console restarts itself...
  3. wheel force feedback bug on xbsx.

in XboX Insiders
    wheel force feedback bug on xbsx.: HI, I have been informed by thrustmaster that a force feedback bug is present on xbsx & xb1. can anyone confirm this is correct? I see the bug listed as a know issue in march, april, June,...
  4. Suddenly I can't save games with 100s of GB of space in ALL games on XBSX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly I can't save games with 100s of GB of space in ALL games on XBSX: Xbox you really need to look into this or give the consumer a legitimate response as to why this happening. This is now the 7th maybe 8th time I've dealt with this. The Xbox suddenly decides it...
  5. Can Fallout 4 Work in progress mods "Brick" my XBSX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Fallout 4 Work in progress mods "Brick" my XBSX?: What I mean by brick is break my xbox in any way, or does it only break the game? a80dec73-68c2-4f09-aef5-e22bc4e906a3
  6. What is wrong with my XBSX?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my XBSX?: So I was just playing some BF2042 and then went to play some COD MW2 and when I started COD i saw the normal COD backround image but then after that goes away I see a screen thats half BF2042 half...
  7. DLC stuck in Manage Updates on XBSX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC stuck in Manage Updates on XBSX: A while ago I uninstalled Destiny 2 from my console. For some reason the DLC then requested an update (see image) and is now in my Manage Updates tab on the Xbox Series X. I can not update these...
  8. XBSX - Nothing showing after resetting my console but keeping games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    XBSX - Nothing showing after resetting my console but keeping games and apps: I had an issue loading some games and apps. None would load, stating error code 0x80080005. After a search, the best guess is some files corrupted behind the scenes. Best solution was to reset...
  9. Streaming/recording on Roblox using XBSX does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Streaming/recording on Roblox using XBSX does not work: When you try livestream roblox on twitch/mixer the recording does not work and when you try to record a clip it dosent work and no notification to say the recording has started. This is an XBSX...
  10. Unresponsive Controller on XBSX Delta programme.

in XboX Insiders
    Unresponsive Controller on XBSX Delta programme.: Any one having issues with their controller intermittently becoming unresponsive then goes back to normal? submitted by /u/sithmetal71 [link] [comments]