Xbox's Com Bans Feels More Like Anti-Free Speech Than Safety

Discus and support Xbox's Com Bans Feels More Like Anti-Free Speech Than Safety in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello fellow Xbox gamers, I am a former Ambassador, an alpha build tester, a 15 year Xbox Live user, I always leave feedback for updates, I always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by King Ownage XV, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Xbox's Com Bans Feels More Like Anti-Free Speech Than Safety

Hello fellow Xbox gamers, I am a former Ambassador, an alpha build tester, a 15 year Xbox Live user, I always leave feedback for updates, I always report bugs, I have an unhealthy habit of me wanting to play competitively but dropping it to help new players
    out, and I feel as though I've been treated unjustly.

There is a reason why in laws (in this case rules, code of conduct) there's no zero tolerance policies where "if you do it, your done" because that's not justice. If you hit someone it's not instantly assault, if it was it would be unjust, because things
    are situational. It could have been self-defense, but in this system no reasons good enough and it doesn't matter because the innocent are punished as well, and although this system delivers safety it does unjust things like suspending both parties.

Now that I showed the flaws of this system, its self-explanatory why myself and most people feel like it limits my freedom on Xbox and is a hindrance, so let me explain my exact situation (there's more than one but I will only use one for this point) that
    has made me feel this way.

A while ago, I was playing a game with my fiancee who was upset about our recent miscarriage. She got spammed by two people for not doing well, she was being harassed and called horrible things for no reason and her being in an already really upset state
    she cried, so I defended her. While doing so I did not use anything personal against them, nor did I curse either, and I got banned for defending her (enforcement admitted it, I submitted a case review) no matter how minor/childish the insult, or what the
    circumstances are it is bannable.

There's no way you can disagree with me that I am in the wrong in any way especially morally but yet there are still people who will try to justify it. I was screwed over by the enforcement team and so were others due to there strict rules on speech and
    zero tolerance policies.

Which is another thing, besides how they handle enforcement action maybe those reasons shouldn't exist at all because I hate how limited my words are on Xbox Live because of the many other options where my words are not such as; PSN and Steam. They don't
    have nearly as much of strict policy, you'd have to be hateful to get com banned on their platform opposed to here where petty insults or phrases would.

Look at what other manufacturers that are ahead of you are doing and take note enforcement team and Xbox. I am fed up with how unjustly I have been treated and how limited my freedom has become (Com bans were extremely infrequent and hard to get on 360)
    so goodbye fellow Xbox gamers hopefully I have your support! ~ Datan

:)

King Ownage XV, Mar 4, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

As an Ambassador myself I will say I see a lot of stuff that in the old days where good sport now they are bannable zone ... enforecement really needs a restart and a refresh on whaterver they are doing thats my opinion...
  3. JUST DO IT415 Win User

I read what you wrote and I feel like I would've done the same. However, Microsoft doesn't ban random users. If you did something and got reported, Microsoft has to react/follow their guidelines.
  4. ngocphi Win User

In your ambassador handbook snd forum rules thread you should know better discussion of enforcmernt or rules is not allowed period on forums
  5. blueamcat Win User

Wow man. So sorry to hear this. Especially about you and your fiancee. :( <3
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello There,

As for all things they change with the times. For example 80's and 90's never heard of assault in any way very often. Today it is everyday you hear it. When some of us were kids. we were punished even by schools. Now schools teach children that parents
    cant touch their children. As with the times more awareness has been available and more people are speaking out. (good and bad) Fact is when any gamer makes the account and you click I accept on the ToS and Microsoft service agreement you are bound by that.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox's Com Bans Feels More Like Anti-Free Speech Than Safety - Similar Threads - Xbox's Com Bans

2. com banned on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    com banned on xbox: i’ve been away for a while on a holiday in greece and i’ve let my little brother play on my xbox while i was away so he could have something to do and not be bored and while i was gone i’ve seen...
  3. Can’t play Xbox 360 games while com banned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play Xbox 360 games while com banned: I was recently banned from communicating for 2 months and this isn’t about that but for some reason I can’t play any Xbox 360 games. I don’t care for the ban but I would wish a fix can be told to...
  4. Why can Xbox just ban me from coms and multiplayer without me being able to defend myself?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can Xbox just ban me from coms and multiplayer without me being able to defend myself?: I have been banned for 2 days and because it’s only 2 days I cannot defend myself or get it overturned but las time I checked I paid money for my service so your taking days off of my paid for...
  5. Why does xbox not com ban someone when they clearly used profanity in the message? (He’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox not com ban someone when they clearly used profanity in the message? (He’s...: So I was com banned last week on Halo Wars for calling a Moderator [mod removed] For my use of profanity, I didn’t complain but the actions of the one that provoked my words? I said something....
  6. Xbox com ban situation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox com ban situation: So today my friend Allure Zlib reported me as a joke 5m later i get com banned and he says it was a joke and he doesnt know why it happened so fast either unban me or fix your ban system...
  7. Xbox Com ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Com ban: Why is it that i get banned for typing [mod removed]. But other playets get to have offensive names that overt the guidelines. Get to call me all sorts or rude and inappropriate names along with...
  8. Xbox com Ban is getting absurd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox com Ban is getting absurd: So im a part of Xbox Live for 11 years now i started at the age of 13 and enjoy it since now. I remember the good old days in Halo 3,Cod 4, MW2 etc etc. We all know how those lobbies were but did...
  9. Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban: After fulfilling a 24 hour com ban, I'm no longer able to talk to people in party chat. I'm able to message people, join parties and invite people to parties, however when I speak into the mic it...
  10. Xbox com ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox com ban: So i got communication banned because in a joking way i sent a message to my friend who is actually [Mod Removed-Profanity] a message saying [Mod Removed-Profanity] Why is this so bad moderators...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox com bans are retarded