XBOXONE language and Location

Discus and support XBOXONE language and Location in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I know this is how it works but I would like to place this as a reference for future upgrades to the software. I like playing in English... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nachozun08, Jan 10, 2014.

1. nachozun08
    nachozun08 Guest

Hi

I know this is how it works but I would like to place this as a reference for future upgrades to the software.

I like playing in English Language and and having my console in English, I´m based in Mexico and my account is from Mexico, so I cant have this configuration set, so I have to set my system to English/United States. The problem is when I go into movies or
    other application that requires my account, it says that my location and account are not the same, I have to switch to spanish and Mexico in order to use this app. It would be great to have Language and Location not attached to each other.

Thanks

:)

nachozun08, Jan 10, 2014
  2. M4ckle
    M4ckle Guest
    Locations and languages

I have moved from the UK to Germany, and so updated both my Microsoft account and my xbox location accordingly.

As a result, I now see game prices in the Euro currency, but when I made my first purchase from the Microsoft Store (Jade Empire) it downloaded the game with German speech and German subtitles, even though my Xbox language is set to English (UK).

As far as I know, because my payment details have a German address, I need to keep my account location as Germany, but how do I go about playing new store/marketplace purchases in English if the Xbox is ignoring my language settings when I purchase games
    from my new location?

M4ckle, Jan 10, 2014
  3. Calvinrw
    Calvinrw Guest
    Language and location...

Is there a way to change my account location to Italy (where I live) while keeping the console text in English?

Calvinrw, Jan 10, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Hey nacho!

It seems a few others are having this issue too. What I suggest you do is post this in the

feedback forums
    where this will get taken into consideration for future updates. Thanks!

sniffles x, Jan 10, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: