XboxGames folder preventing me from launching games as Admin

Discus and support XboxGames folder preventing me from launching games as Admin in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For whatever reason, any game installed in the XboxGames folder cannot be run as an administrator, even when I do have administrator powers on my own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lex Arthur, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Lex Arthur
    Lex Arthur Guest

For whatever reason, any game installed in the XboxGames folder cannot be run as an administrator, even when I do have administrator powers on my own machine. I keep getting "Failed to enumerate objects in the container" errors when I try to make any changes to the security options for the files/folders in question, and when I DO try to launch an executable as an admin, I get the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You many not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." error, when I know I should have the access.

This is specifically happening with both Sea of Star as well as with Starfield, and because I'm having crashing issues with Starfield running it as an administrator was going to be one of my troubleshooting attempts. However I'm now more preoccupied with the fact that apparently I can't run XboxGames as an admin on my own machine than I am with having Starfield crashing on my upon loading a save file or exiting a menu.

:)

Lex Arthur, Sep 20, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: