XBox360 -> XBoxOne -> TV HDMI signal transition will not work

Discus and support XBox360 -> XBoxOne -> TV HDMI signal transition will not work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is recommended somewhere in FAQ to connect 360 to "HDMI In" outlet of the XOne. Being switched on, the One sees 360 as a TV and will not allow to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SepiaHealer93, Dec 24, 2015.

1. XBox360 -> XBoxOne -> TV HDMI signal transition will not work

It is recommended somewhere in FAQ to connect 360 to "HDMI In" outlet of the XOne. Being switched on, the One sees 360 as a TV and will not allow to play on 360. When One is off, the TV set does not see signal. I was under impression that HDMI signal should
    be flatly transitioned through One, when it is off, but this behavior is described nowhere explicitly.

Did anybody face with the same problem? How did you solve it?

:)

SepiaHealer93, Dec 24, 2015
  2. DoG GOSRIDR
    DoG GOSRIDR Guest
    TV Brand & Model not shown

It is not the Kinect, because it works fine with my games etc...

TV: RCA RLC4299A

Sat Box: Bell 9241 HD PVR Reciever

TV Provider: Bell

Layout: Signal-->Reciever-->Xbox1-->TV (HDMI)

Signal-->Reciever-->TV (composite cables, from before Xbox1)

As I said, when setting up the TV to watch on the Xbox it does not recognize my TV, so I cannot set up my One Guide or anything.

DoG GOSRIDR, Dec 24, 2015
  3. No HDMI "Out" on TV

Hi there XB1 can only Input via HDMI - this means you`ll Need a Setup Box/reciever and from Setupbox with HDMI to XB1 (HDMI IN).

If your TV-Signal Comes straight out wall and if there is no reciever/setupbox between TV-TV-Outlet,

it will not work.

Your chain of Setup should be like:

TV-cable/satelite (Coax?) -> Setupbox/reciever-> from Reciever via HDMI ->
    to XB1

Bhutankam Pema, Dec 24, 2015
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

I don't think connecting an Xbox 360 to the HDMI in on the Xbox One will work very well as I suspect it will add a small delay to the image received by the TV that will make games awkward to play.

I think a better solution for you would be to connect both consoles to a HDMI splitter or possibly the HDMI trough a soundbar of AV receiver.

gds1972, Dec 24, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: