xbox360 powers on for 10-15 sec then power-off

Discus and support xbox360 powers on for 10-15 sec then power-off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, We've had an Xbox360 for 5 years now ( or close to that). The console would seem to stop working and not power on and I had to keep unplugging the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BigDaddy68, Apr 16, 2019.

1. BigDaddy68
    BigDaddy68 Guest

Hi,

We've had an Xbox360 for 5 years now ( or close to that). The console would seem to stop working and not power on and I had to keep unplugging the charging block , waiting 5 secs and then plug it back in. Then the console would seem to power on/off OK
    for a little while. Then it would happen again.

So I bought a new charging block for it. I also bought new charging cables and a new battery charger. My wireless controllers seem to be working fine and the battery packs in them are fully charged. I can use them to turn on the xbox360 console remotely
    but the console only seems to stay on for 10-20-30 seconds and then it immediately powers-off. I took the GTA DVD out of the player and that didn't help. My new charging block has a redlight on it which is good and means it has power ( if its blinking it
    has issues... or so the docs say).

Not sure why this is happening. Wondering if there are any diagnostics for the xbox360 out there I could load up and use to test my console.

Thanks

:)

BigDaddy68, Apr 16, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello there,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. When an Xbox 360 console start to shut off unexpectedly, there isn't too much to resolve this issue without a replacement. You did the most important steps by replacing the power supply.

Was the power supply an official Xbox 360 brand, or a third party accessory? Third party power supplies are not recommended as they can cause more issues than they fix. I do understand however, that they can be a little hard to find nowadays.

This is the only troubleshooting listed for this issue :
    Xbox 360 console turns off unexpectedly

As for the diagnostics you mentioned, there isn't anything out there officially released from Microsoft that I could find after researching it so we couldn't recommend anything like that.
  3. BrianPosey Win User

Echo echo echo.....

Its always worth trying the power drain.

hold power button on front of console for 10 sec while console is on.

hold power button on from of console for 10 sec while console is off.

power console on and check for resolution.
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

xbox one doesn't type the correct channel into my comcast box

Try doing a power cycle by holding the power button down on the front of the console for 8-10 sec until it shuts off then unplug it the console from the power outlet for 30 sec. After 30 sec plug back in, power back on and try Live tv again. Hopefully it
    will be fixed.
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

Console not working with headset

Try turning off the controller, then unplug the adapter. Wait about 15 sec then plug the adapter back in the controller and power the controller back on. You could also try doing a hard reset by holding the power button on the front of the console until
    it turns off then unplug it from the outlet for 30 sec then plug it back in and power back on.
  6. lildevilbmxer Win User

Xbox one s crash games more then original Xbox one

turning the system all the way off aka HARD RESET hold finger over power button on system wait 10-15 secs there you go cleared the cache hopefully fixing your issue
Thema:

1. xbox360 powers on for 10-15 sec then power-off - Similar Threads - xbox360 powers sec

2. My XBOX360 power indicator turns red after 2 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX360 power indicator turns red after 2 seconds: My power indicator in front of my Xbox turns red after 2 seconds of switching on everytime. 57a7b957-ebf2-4712-8368-2d3fae2f00f5
  3. xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.: I have tried to start up my xbox360. It started up a few times and I had to update my software. When I try to start it now it usually (9 times out of 10) will only show a green light in the center...
  4. XBox360 Slim can't power on, fan cooling always on, no leds

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox360 Slim can't power on, fan cooling always on, no leds: Hi everyone, My dear old XBox 360 Slim has a big problem. Since two months i can't power on the console. When i plug in the power supply it shows a green led (on the inverter), but nor green...
  5. XBOX360 Power Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 Power Issues: I have an XBOX 360 that will not remained powered on. I have tried multiple power cords/sources. I'd like to send the unit in for repair but it appears it is not an online option when I select my...
  6. Red power light on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red power light on xbox360: Moved console to a new location. On start up console power lite turns red after 3 seconds. Power adapter lite stays green. Any ideas? 5770d192-06f7-4152-8490-562b64174aa6
  7. Is it possible to control the Xbox360 controller, power point slide show?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to control the Xbox360 controller, power point slide show?: Is it possible to control the Xbox360 controller, power point slide show? Xbox360 컨트롤러가 '파워포인트 슬라이드쇼' 어가 가능한가? d0a19c46-de58-43b7-aca4-ff9f0107e403
  8. XBOX360 will not power up but will make beep sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 will not power up but will make beep sounds: My xbox 360 will not power up, but will beep and come with green light as well the power brick will light up green and back to orange light in a seconds. I found out with support chat with xbox...
  9. Xbox360 Power Supply Dead - No Power Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Power Supply Dead - No Power Light: Anyone know where I can get a replacement power supply for my xbox360? My Xbox was working fine before I went on vacation, but when I returned and after turning on the wall socket the PSU no...
  10. My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...: My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts but with the xbox logo it stops on screen nothing happens its a new xbox 360 71663c31-d900-4440-b714-3d750df0f63d