XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

Discus and support XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sara Evans1, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Sara Evans1
    Sara Evans1 Guest

I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox live profile. Try a different account."

How do I get this offline profile linked to my live account?

:)

Sara Evans1, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Sara, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Unfortunately, it's not possible to directly link an existing offline Xbox 360 profile to a new or existing Xbox Live account used with a different profile. There are limitations around merging accounts or transferring save data between them.

However, there are still a couple of options you can explore:

Create a New Live Profile for the Offline Profile:

Sign out of your current Live account on the Xbox 360.

Sign in to the offline profile you want to connect to Live.

Go to Settings > Profile > Join Xbox Live.
    Create a new Microsoft account (email and password) or use a different existing account not associated with any other Xbox Live profiles.

This will create a new online profile for your old offline profile, but your achievements, save data, and progress won't be transferred.

Transfer Save Data (Limited Compatibility):

This won't link the profiles, but it can salvage some progress.

Check if the game you played offline supports Xbox Live storage.

Certain games allow uploading save data from an offline profile to the cloud if you connect to Live with a new profile.

Once uploaded, you can access the save data from your new online profile.

However, this depends on individual game functionality and might not be available for all games.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. VibroPlex Win User

Merging offline accounts with LIVE profiles

Afraid not; you can turn an offline profile into an online profile, but you
    can't merge an offline profile into an existing online profile.

I would, however, suggest he call an Xbox Live agent about cancelling the subscription on the current LIVE GOLD account and then move the subscription to the offline profile after making that a LIVE profile.
    1-800-4MY-XBOX Option
    is the US/Canadian number.
  4. cS Legacy cS Win User

You cannot merge profiles, Xbox LIVE accounts or subscriptions.

Therefore, the only way is to make the profile with the Gamerscore and achievements earned is to upgrade it to Xbox LIVE Gold.

If you wish to retain the Gamerscore that you previously had on the offline profile, you should cancel the current account, which is not recommended.
  5. Lillithvain Win User

Trying to get a new XBox Live account to sync with a XBox 360 Profile

Ok, so let me make sure I understand... your son has an offline profile. (Not a LIVE Gold account.) And, you are trying to convert that offline profile to a LIVE Gold account? If this is the case, try following these steps
    from your console.

Turn your offline profile into a gamertag

1. Sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile to a gamertag.
    2. Go to Settings, then select Profile.
    3. Select Join Xbox Live.
    4. Enter your first name.
    5. Enter your Microsoft account.
    6. Enter your Microsoft account password.
    7. Verify the information on the screen.
    8. Verify the current privacy settings.
    9. Review the Terms of Use.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox360 offline profile

It prevents anyone from logging into your account when you are not around.
Thema:

1. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account - Similar Threads - XBOX360 offline profile

2. DNS error 80151903 on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on xbox360: I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903 3237def7-6908-4517-aef8-73335ac9f7cf
  3. Can't add visa to Xbox360

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add visa to Xbox360: I can't add my Visa to my Xbox360 account, keeps giving me the error code 8C250005. I'm trying to buy some stuff before the store closes for good. dcc7a901-2c5f-49a2-9e58-3bae12430bd7
  4. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  5. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  6. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  7. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  8. Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed: So i was trying to get my old save files from my xbox 360 on the cloud to play them on my Xbox One since some of the games are retro compatible but even by having all the requirements and seeing...
  9. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  10. All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened?: I was trying to make a speedrun vid by using snagit when I put the usb all my data got erased here is what i got in my usb. A plethora of memes, mcpacks for minecraft edu, presentations, snagit...