Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

Discus and support Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Langlois, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

Hi there

I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server connections. I checked my network connections and the upload speed is fine, but the download speed is 0.01Mbps

This means downloading content from the store is super slow, but would it also impact my connectivity to other players and is there a way to solve it?

Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches? [​IMG]

:)

Mike Langlois, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Mike,

Yes, it will hinder your gameplay.

But, there is the possibility the speed test on the console is not accurate, if that's the case, you should be able to play normally.

Please, clear the console cache data.

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage.

Highlight but don’t select a storage device, and then press the Y button on your controller for Device Options.

Note It doesn't matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices.

On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/clear-system-cache
  3. Mike Langlois Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. That didnt help at all unfortunately. I even changed internet connections by connecting to a 2.4ghz hotspot off my phones mobile data connection and got the same result. Download speed is still 0.01Mbps.

Do you know if this download speed limits my ability to play multiplayer games?
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mike, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to restart your router?

Please, follow these steps to reset your connection within the console:

Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.

Select Configure Network.

On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.

Restart your console.

You will receive a message to configure wireless settings.

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

Test your network connection again (Settings > System Settings > Network Settings > Wired Network > Test Xbox Live Connection).

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-360-wireless-connection

I hope this helps.
  5. CplMSO Win User

So why is it that my Xbox 360 Slim won’t sign into Xbox live? I’ve already rebooted my router or left it off for 5 minutes like it says, but nothings changed..

Okay, interesting. so they are aware then. You’d think it’d be marked as a known issue till it’s resolved.

As for the 0.01 download speed never changing, what do you think of that?
  6. Ray Porter Win User

problems connecting to xbox live for the past several days

I've added a wifi booster in the problem room. Even with 100% wifi signal, the download speed was terrible (0.01 mbps). I've connected the xbox one to the wifi repeater via an ethernet cable and the problems seem to have cleared (download speed of 13.9
    mbps). Has the wifi card in the xbox started to go bad?
Thema:

1. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches? - Similar Threads - Xbox360 download speed

2. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  3. How to download Current Xbox360 Gamerpic on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to download Current Xbox360 Gamerpic on PC: So on Xbox360 you can change your gamerpicture that has your avatar doing poses in a blue background, etc. I want to download the one i have on 360 on PC but i don't know how. Is it possible? Even...
  4. Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?: I want to play an older NHL game (NHL 15) on my Xbox one that I know exists, but it doesn't show up on the Microsoft store like other old Xbox games. I guess this question also applies to all old...
  5. Signing into xBox on xBox360 to copy/download profile for use on xBox-One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing into xBox on xBox360 to copy/download profile for use on xBox-One: I just re-purchased my xBox-live account via online ... However my xBox360 won't let me sign into my profile with xBox-Live; it wants me to re-purchase another/new xBox-Live membership direct from...
  6. Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...: Why is my sever down on my rockband3 game i cant buy no more songs on my rockband3 music store and i cant download. All my stupid songs from my rb2 and rb3 games onto my stupid rockband4 game that...
  7. i have boight minecraft for xbox360 but it wont install can i get a download of it like a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have boight minecraft for xbox360 but it wont install can i get a download of it like a...: i have bought a disc of minecraft for xbox360 but it wont install can i get a download of it like a repurchase just so that the dvd drive stops spinning whilst playing as its annoyingly noisey ?...
  8. is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs: is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs 3935de3d-ad34-4656-8972-52d3acd429ef
  9. Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.: I got the season pass for bo2 and am trying to install the dlc through game because I can’t through the normal Xbox. However every very time I try to download the packs a 360 message appears...
  10. XBOX360 Profile download not possible ERROR: 80151103

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 Profile download not possible ERROR: 80151103: Today was a outage, now relating to xbox one is working again. BUT FIRST IF YOU READ THIS!!!! DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON FOR SECURITY TO FORCE A RELOGON TO YOUR XBOX360 PROFILE. This will cause...