Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

Discus and support Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! I've been trying to connect my controller to my Win10 pc for a few days now. Any time I plug it in and turn it on, all four lights flash, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alteriormeative, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

Hi there! I've been trying to connect my controller to my Win10 pc for a few days now. Any time I plug it in and turn it on, all four lights flash, and they'll keep flashing even if I leave it for hours. I've got an authentic wireless controller and I'm using the corded adapter.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downloading and updating drivers, unplugging and plugging back in on both ends, restarting my pc approx. 70 times, tried with and without fresh batteries, gone into the device manager, the devices and printers, all sorts of shenanigans with no results.

If you have any ideas or questions, please lmk! Any help is appreciated.

:)

alteriormeative, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I've got an authentic wireless controller and I'm using the corded adapter.
    Hi,

Wireless Xbox 360 controllers are always wireless. You can't make them wired with the Play and Charge adaptor. The Play and Charge only charges the battery or powers the controller if no battery is present, it doesn't send data, hence the reason for all the lights flashing and no connection.

The only way to use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC is to buy a Xbox 360 gaming receiver and it must be the '360 receiver' as the Xbox One version is not compatible with the old Xbox 360 controllers. With the receiver present you can sync the controller via wireless to the PC.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Before we try any different solutions, please check the article below, these are official solutions on how to solve problems like this.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/xb...

*If the solutions provided in the article above do not help, I recommend you to try the alternative below.

Go to Device Manager > find the Unknown Device(which is your Xbox 360 controller connector) > right-click on it > click Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick me from a list of device drivers on my computer > Pick Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class and finish the installation wizard.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, let us know if this works.
  4. FearedNightmare Win User

Xbox 360 controller causing whine in headphones.

Is your headset by any chance connected to your controller? If so then it's because the Xbox360 controller is not optimized to have a headset connected to it when it's connected to a pc
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Play and charge kit problem?

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Try using it on some other USB port... Maybe on your PC, cable box, etc. [/quote]

The Play & Charge Kit won't charge the controller off a PC USB Port OG Pooh, as the Xbox360 uses a rectified circuit for the USB Ports connected to a Controller & the VIR is different..
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Will the XBOX ONE controller sync with the old XBOX dongle for the PC?

The Xbox One controller uses a different signal than that of the Xbox360 controller, you can however connect a Micro-USB cable from your controller to your PC after installing the drivers for the Xbox One controller.

(Windowsphones and Android phones usually use a microUSB which you can also use for your controller)

support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Just remember to take out your batteries before connecting it via USB
Thema:

1. Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc - Similar Threads - Xbox360 controller won't

2. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the...
  3. How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...: How can I erase the family settings on an Xbox 360 such as parental guidance if the previous owner did not erase everything before selling it, I use the console to stream, I tried opening internet...
  4. Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled: So, as the title says. I purchased a used xbox360, and the previous owner did not remove the parental controls before selling it. With the Xbox One, I can use a USB to do a total reset of the...
  5. how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop: how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop 9de5f1f2-8511-4276-a5b7-788899960d7b
  6. xbox360 parenting control

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox360 parenting control: hello i bought already used xbox360 i can't play games with restrictions over 18 years (i'm much over 18) ka remove family control and password. f6d7b092-0d90-448f-a815-f767e4f0ce7f
  7. Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...: Buenas tardes, Tengo 3 controles que compré originales ellos, y siempre me pasa con cualquiera de los 3, que cuando vibra en algun encontronazo en el FIFA 20 se me apaga.. no puedo jugar mas...
  8. Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]: Boa noite, tenho um controle com fio original, nunca deu problema, porém há alguns dias quando eu conecto o usb a luz do controle acende por 1 segundo e apaga, tiro o cabo, coloco denovo e a mesma...
  9. Second hand XBOX360 parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand XBOX360 parental control: Hello, i just bought a second hand XBOX360, but it seems previos owner installer parental control, and i can't remove it, since i can't contact him anymore. How can i fix it please ? i'm...
  10. Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360: Help need to reset parental pasword on my xbox360 E,i dont find the paper anymore where i wryte down the pasword,any sugestion or help? 3c38403a-2230-4b25-bc60-0d40df090e37