Xbox360 can't 'see' some downloaded videos.

Discus and support Xbox360 can't 'see' some downloaded videos. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a baffling problem, my xbox360 can see and play some downloaded videos but not others. I can cast to xbox360 from windows media player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AlienOne, Oct 13, 2018.

1. AlienOne
    AlienOne Guest

Hi all, I have a baffling problem, my xbox360 can see and play some downloaded videos but not others. I can cast to xbox360 from windows media player and the video plays fine but when I browse the PC folder directly from the xbox it shows there's no files
    in there. The files are not DRM. Would appreciate some help. Only some videos have that problem, they're the most recent downloads, but not others. There are no visible differences in the properties of videos that that are visible and those that aren't

:)

AlienOne, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Video transfer question

Why can't I transfer my videos that aren't downloaded from xbox live to my xbox360 with a usb configured or not?

OnboardConch538, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Dragonakosss
    Dragonakosss Guest
    Windows Media Center issues

Hi

OK i tried everything. Restarted WMC on PC and XBOX360. Restart PC and XBOX360. Still i can't manage to stream videos and music on XBOX360 through WMC. I can only stream pictures. And still i haven't manage to see ONLINE MEDIA section in WMC at the XBOX360.
    Maybe im doin something wrong i don't know

Dragonakosss, Oct 13, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey AlienOne,

Thanks for posting on the forums today! I'd be happy to help.

What version of Windows do you have? This
    link
    has some troubleshooting resources based on what version you have.

For troubleshooting the Xbox 360 I would suggest
    clearing the cache
    on your hard drive or memory unit first. Once you do that, turn off your Xbox and unplug the power unit from the Xbox and from the wall outlet.

XBF Diego M, Oct 13, 2018
  5. AlienOne
    AlienOne Guest
    Thanks Diego, I have windows 10 pro version 1803 but I'm not sure this is a windows media player issue because I can cast to xbox from windows media player and the file does show in the wmp library. Btw, the links for troubleshooting for wmp10 give ' We
    are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
    The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.'

Also, forgot to mention, the problem files are on my pc, not the xbox hard drive. Kinda important I gues, sorry Xbox360 can't 'see' some downloaded videos. :(

AlienOne, Oct 13, 2018
  6. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    What video file types are they? The Xbox360 has some limitations on what it can decode internally. That may be why they work streaming from Windows Media Player, as the decoding action is done by WMP.

There is specific info on what the 360 supports for video files here: Video Playback for Xbox 360 | Audio Playback for Xbox 360

Echo4Ent, Oct 13, 2018
  7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Its not just limited by file types

Codecs is key to any mediacenter

Best bet recode all the movies to a xbox 360 supported codec

Best tool i use is super@ frree aand can batch convert with little resource overhead

You dont need to seleft the different file types per batch you drag and drop them into queue and select the output format and click and watch them the next day (encoding does take awhile)

ngocphi, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: