Xbox1S console needs update, but thinks it is "offline"

Discus and support Xbox1S console needs update, but thinks it is "offline" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Console is hardwired to internet. I need to update FortNite. Xbox console first needs an update. Connection check is good, but console says "not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavePeters12, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DavePeters12
    DavePeters12 Guest

Console is hardwired to internet. I need to update FortNite. Xbox console first needs an update.

Connection check is good, but console says "not online."

Error code 0x8B0500B6 0x000 000 0x0000 0200

I need help

:)

DavePeters12, Sep 6, 2018
  2. i cant update with my new concole,cant even play it

just brought xbox1s and cant even play it as it wont update and there is no codes that are the same as mine

HugeMagician122, Sep 6, 2018
  3. CJO1189
    CJO1189 Guest
    This offline update is ridiculous. My internet is working fine. Why do I need an USB drive to update

After dealing with two customer support employees who just kept telling me to unplug and replug everything in my house. I find out I need an update that can only be done using a USB drive? Even though the internet connection is working. Is this because I
    have an xbox1 and not an xbox1S? Lashing out at customers who didn't buy the new console?

CJO1189, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Xbox1S console needs update, but thinks it is "offline"

Hey Dave,

Run a power cycle on your console and see if that works.

Hold the power until it shuts off, wait 10-20 seconds, and restart.

You could also try manually flipping your Xbox to "offline" and then "Online mode" via your settings to see if that could clear any potential glitches or errors.

If none of those work, I would advise you to contact
    Xbox Support
    . Give them your error code and explain what is happening. I'm sure they will be able to help!

Best,

Jon Xbox1S console needs update, but thinks it is "offline" :)

At the Nozzle, Sep 6, 2018
  5. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Dave,

You can be connected to the network but not the live services, or sometimes your connected to your router but very minimally. Unfortunately your Xbox one has many working parts so as many of your devices in your home run the network off of 3 or 4 different
    settings, your Xbox uses 8 to connect to our live services. Here is some
    trouble shooting
    for your xbox and your router.

In my experience there's not much that will disrupt a hard wired connection except the cable itself. Which is one of the trouble shooting. Also check your wifi see if there's a difference. Please reply if we can help. You can also

contact us
    through chat

XBF Aaron G, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: