Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting

Discus and support Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So last night i was able to use my xbox1 just fine. Fell asleep watching a movie on one of my streaming apps and woke up this morning with my xbox cut... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Iallen92, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Iallen92
    Iallen92 Guest

So last night i was able to use my xbox1 just fine. Fell asleep watching a movie on one of my streaming apps and woke up this morning with my xbox cut off. Turned it back on and it goes past the green screen with the xbox logo during start up then goes black. Tells me hi with my name at that bottom for a split second and then just stays at black screen. The only thing I can access from black screen is the console/controller turn off menu from holding home button on controller. Is this a xbox server issue?

:)

Iallen92, Jun 29, 2022
  2. S10idJohn10s0n Win User

Didn’t work still stuck in a black screen
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Iallen92! I hope you're doing great today!

With black screen issues, The first thing I'd suggest is power cycling your Xbox console will reset the network card and clear the cache.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    2. After the console has shut down, unplug the mains lead and wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the console back in and turn it on by pressing the Xbox button .
    If restarting the console does not fix the issue, you can reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

(Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter on these consoles by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button)
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

No, it's not an Xbox server issue and in this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  5. Default Username 287 Win User

Thanks for the broken update that turned my xbox into a black brick, and for making people dink around on the phone all evening trying to figure out how to fix your blunder.
  6. Geth Win User

Xbox One stuck on black screen when booting

Graphic card inside could be getting hot.

Power cycle the console then unplug the power supply and leave it unplugged for about 5 mins.

If it still does it, the console may need to be sent off for repairs.
Thema:

1. Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting - Similar Threads - Xbox1 stuck black

2. Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...: My son got an xbox one for his birthday. An uncle emailed him a game code for Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition that same day. We entered the game code not knowing that this game is not compatible...
  3. trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC: i need help connecting xbox 1 game controller to pc c5be3dd5-7cca-4cf8-946e-d1757e063dfa
  4. It doesn't allow Mr to enter ipv6 info into my xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    It doesn't allow Mr to enter ipv6 info into my xbox1: I need help can't find ipv6 on the console e7aae809-e3ce-4b8c-8b7c-094d317a93a2
  5. What band does an Xbox1 support

in XBoX on Windows
    What band does an Xbox1 support: What band does an Xbox1 support f32d7f2b-6600-497a-a542-f885d8561f7b
  6. Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...: Powers up connects to tv hdmi but no screen tried different hdmi cable same issue 5c048e54-f1b6-465c-91aa-62f632199078
  7. Why do I have to create an account when I try to log into epic games using my Xbox1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have to create an account when I try to log into epic games using my Xbox1...: Evert time I try to log into my epic games account using log in with my xbobx email and password it tells me to make a new account. 3ea83408-fbb4-4d4f-818d-5666747f4ff4
  8. Master chief collections sign on xbox1 issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master chief collections sign on xbox1 issue: I have not played the master chief collection for over a year or more. I just updated it and was going to try it out. Now I get a sign in with the profile used to buy this game, make sure that...
  9. Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting: So last night i was able to use my xbox1 just fine. Fell asleep watching a movie on one of my streaming apps and woke up this morning with my xbox cut off. Turned it back on and it goes past the...
  10. Xbox1 stuck in update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 stuck in update: My son's xbox1 has been updating for the past few hours, and by that, I mean that it has been stuck at 2%. Is it just permanently broken? 4e7138ae-13d7-49d1-82c4-d75a23baa6d6