XBOX

Discus and support XBOX in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How do I remove the Xbox app from Windows 10? 1ffd47d5-7f32-4136-a210-40b52a3bb909 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SusanPilcher, Oct 28, 2018.

1. SusanPilcher
    SusanPilcher Guest

XBOX

How do I remove the Xbox app from Windows 10?

:)

SusanPilcher, Oct 28, 2018
  2. BName
    BName Guest
    Xbox 720 lol

All these predictions for the next gen Xbox even the name and it will be called Xbox 1. Why call it Xbox 1 though it is the third released Xbox not the first. Xbox 720 would have been a better name for it.

BName, Oct 28, 2018
  3. davy22
    davy22 Guest
    davy22, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Julian_
    Julian_ Guest

XBOX

Hi! It's not possible to simply uninstall the Xbox app from Windows 10 as it's integrated deeply within the operating system. If you really want to try to remove parts of it, you would have to use search engines like Bing or Google in order to find ressources
    that give further information about how to achieve this.

Julian_, Oct 28, 2018
  5. Hey there, SusanPilcher

Welcome

Unfortunetly, just like Mail and OneDrive, Xbox App is built into the operating system. Thus meaning you are unable to remove it/uninstall it from your operating system.

However, if your like me and do not want the Xbox App enabled or other Xbox Services enabled on your device - I don't on my personal device for college and work - then you can disable some of the Xbox Services by typing System Config in Cortana.

Then select Services, tab, and scroll down to Xbox Auth etc... Then un-tick the services and click Apply. You will be asked if you would like to restart the computer after you have done this. Please select yes and these services should be disabled.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Please note: Disabling the Xbox Services will cause you problems when playing Xbox games on your PC and using the Xbox game DVR. So if your wanting to play games on your Computer/Device, please do not disable Xbox Services as I suggested.

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Oct 28, 2018
  6. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hiya Susan,

Thank you for contacting Forum support! ヽ(•‿•)ノ

There is a way for you to remove the Xbox App from your Windows 10 PC. You can uninstall the Xbox App or any built-in apps on Windows 10 using the Windows PowerShell. However, before removing the app, you may visit

Benefits of running the Xbox app while playing a game on Windows 10.

[*]
    If you would like to proceed, please follow the steps below:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall the Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.

The App should successfully be removed from the PC. If you decided to install the Xbox App on your PC again, you can go to the Windows Store to install it.

[*]
    Hope this helps.

XBF Jeremy Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

XBOX