Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working

Discus and support Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox X that I purchased about 3-4 months ago. Everything was working just fine previously. However, I went to play COD today and noticed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pirarre Miller, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working

I have a Xbox X that I purchased about 3-4 months ago. Everything was working just fine previously. However, I went to play COD today and noticed the right joystick not working at all. I went to settings and was able to test the joystick and it worked perfectly. However on the dashboard and games themselves, it does not work. I have tried resetting the Xbox, bought a brand new wireless controller and got the same results. I haven’t even owned this for 5 months and I already have issues like this and may have to send it in for repair.

:)

Pirarre Miller, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Pirarre Miller Win User

I have updated the controller and that did not fix the issue. I reset the console keeping the apps/data and that did not fix the issue. I reset the console to factory settings and that did not fix the issue. I have unplugged the console from the power cord for hours and that did not fix the issue.

I went and bought a brand new Xbox x controller and the issue was still there.

When I tested both controllers on the accessories app, the right joystick movements and clicks is registered and When I turn magnifying on the right joystick works and is registering movements.

I only had my system since July and it’s already malfunctioning.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Pirarre! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox controllers. I know how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to update your controllers' firmware on a Windows PC to see if it works just in case. Here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

Also, try to launch other games to see if the right thumbstick would work for us to isolate the case further.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response.

For us to isolate the case further, try to play any Xbox games on Xbox app Windows PC using the controllers to see if the right thumbstick would work normally.

If the thumbsticks are still malfunctioning, I highly suggest you check your free warranty replacement options for your controllers by signing your account and registering the serial numbers using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Velo Stealth Win User

Elite Controller Joystick Drift - Not Even a Year Old

My elite controller is doing the same thing. I've had mine for less then a year as well. I switch out my joy sticks depending on the game I am playing and the right joy stick is not seated correctly anymore and drifts. If they are going to create something
    that you can switch the joy sticks but it makes the joy stick fail in less then a year why spend money on it. $150 is a lot of money for a Xbox wireless controller. I love the elite controller but if I have to spend $150 every year to keep using it its not
    worth it. I also called Xbox support and they told me the same thing that I would have to buy a new one and there are no repair options. I would also be more then willing to spend money on a repair fee to fix or replace it but not $150 to buy a new one. I
    hope Microsoft will hear and understand this is an issue that needs to be looked into.
  6. ipwnzu832 Win User

Xbox controllers are the worst

I've had my wired controller for a little longer than two years and the joy stick is just fine but the rubber part on the right joy stick started tearing off last week. :'( Overall I would say it is pretty awesome.
Thema:

1. Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working - Similar Threads - wireless controller Right

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...: Last night I was playing call of duty when all of a sudden my right joystick stopped responding. I tried my other controller, no luck. I Tried my 3rd controller, agian no luck. The rest of my...
  9. What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...: I purchased a Xbox wireless controller from Target back in January of this year. The right joystick has now developed drift where I move it up or down and character(s) and the selections on the...
  10. bumper derecho del control inhalambrico no funciona [Mod Translation - right wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bumper derecho del control inhalambrico no funciona [Mod Translation - right wireless...: buen dia al presionar el bumper derecho no funciona con ningun juego, el control lo adquirí en diciembre 2019 agradecere me pueda apoyar para conocer que le pasa [Mod Translation - good day when...