Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps

Discus and support Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Did you end up finding a solution to your issue? My Xbox One X (latest OS update) is doing the same thing. Games will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by _sP_, Aug 11, 2023.

1. _sP_
    _sP_ Guest

Did you end up finding a solution to your issue? My Xbox One X (latest OS update) is doing the same thing. Games will download from my account but not apps from Microsoft Store. Just says "installing..." But never does anything

:)

2. Francia J. Win User

Fifa 22 Xbox Series X

Thank you for the update. Let's try to manually install the Xbox Series X version.

Open the Xbox app on phone and sign in

Search for the game that cannot be installed

Press Download to console and select the destination console

Once the game has installed on that console, the disc can be inserted to play
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello SuperDad1.61,

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello _sP_,

Thank you for your response. Here are additional troubleshooting steps that we can perform.

Remove and Readd you profile then test.

Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

I issue persists, reset console to factory defaults by keeping your apps and games then test.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console?
    • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.

How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello _sP_,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download apps from the Micrsoft Store on you Xbox, . The issue could be caused by a number of things such as not having enough space on your hard drive, not being signed in with the correct Xbox profile, or needing to update your console.

You can try the following troubleshooting found on the support article below.

Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. _sP_ Win User

1. Plenty of hd space

2. Signed in with the only account I ever use

3. Latest console updates

Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps - Similar Threads - download install update

2. My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...: Any help to solve this problem would be highly appreciated! The noise sound like a refrigerator noise. I have tried to get in contact with the xbox team but it has been utterly impossible!...
  3. Need help installing downloads/updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help installing downloads/updates: This has been going on for a while now and recently got better. Used to I couldn’t install games/updates at all on my Xbox one s. Now I can install games, but only with my Xbox off and they go so...
  4. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  5. i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s: So last night i decided to play some cod cold war and copied the game from an eternal drive i had it on to my internal xbox drive. its 150 gig worth so not a small game. after it was done copying...
  6. Hey so I just installed aoe4 on my Xbox series and it's fully downloaded and updated and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey so I just installed aoe4 on my Xbox series and it's fully downloaded and updated and...: I don't understand why because nothing is downloading 9e904a99-4a9c-47dd-8298-2c64e426fd66
  7. Xbox Series X won’t update games, install games, or start downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X won’t update games, install games, or start downloads: I have cleared the cache, turned it off and on again, deleted local save files, checked the network connection, and reset the console while keeping games and apps. I setup my Xbox again from the...
  8. Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...: Tried restarting the application keeps going backwards b731d3c3-d2ff-4033-894e-c541cf2914a6
  9. Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps: Hello, For the past three days, my xbox x will not install nor update. It cycles through items in the queue, says it is "installing" but nothing happens, switches to the next item and nothing,...
  10. Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg: I tried to download miasma chronicles the day before yesterday, it wouldn’t download and instead I kept receiving an installation stopped msg in the queue. Wouldn’t even get past 0%. I gave up and...