Xbox x/s confusion frustration controller stops working after a few times !

Discus and support Xbox x/s confusion frustration controller stops working after a few times ! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox controller x/s carbon black I purchased a few months ago was hooked up bluetooth to my fire stick as an added device worked fine for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by artdog8, Jun 27, 2023.

1. artdog8
    artdog8 Guest

my xbox controller x/s carbon black I purchased a few months ago was hooked up bluetooth to my fire stick as an added device worked fine for a few weeks it was disconnected it no longer had buttons that worked on Antstream arcade or anything else. how do I check to see if the controller is a brick [i am 2 weeks over warranty ] I only have apple mac and iPads iPhone etc no PC. so the window option is void etc, the package says iOS apple compatible. Just want to play some old retro games on my tv etc the microsoft warranty is pretty weak for the money paid Thanks in advance Art

xbox controller x/s carbon black

Sony bravia XBR75X950G tv

Apple 4k 3rd gen tv

Firestick 4k

:)

artdog8, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

It is possible that the problem is due to the lack of update, unfortunately the only way to update it is through the "Xbox Accessories" application available for Xbox and Windows consoles.

You mention that you don't have a Windows PC, I highly recommend giving yourself the opportunity to update the controller from a family member's or friend's PC before thinking about having a technician check the controller.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  4. jeffinatlga Win User

xbox series s headset volume way too low

So to make this even more confusing to figure out. I just dug out my old xbox one s, fired it up and tested all the controller on
    it. The old ones still work fine. The black one that came with the new xbox series x works fine. The new style white controller that come with the new xbox series s and the new style black controller bought today from best buy BOTH have the headset low volume
    problem on my old xbox one s. Totally confused at this point.
  5. BradleyBreitenstein Win User

Controller/UI Not Responding

I am having the exact same problem with my xbox. The controller will not function, and my Kinect will no longer be working. A few times I could see that the xbox was reporting the kinect was disconnected and then reconnected numerous times (it was connected
    the entire time). I had to shutdown the xbox and then unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in. This has happened numerous times and is becoming very frustrating.

There were a few times when the controller stopped working but the Kinect continued to work but was extremely slow.

There were a few times when the controller did not work and the kinect did not work at all (no dialogue about the kinect being disconnected it just wouldn't work).

My wireless router is about 50 ft from my Xbox and should be interfering. I do have a set of PX5 turtle beach wireless head phones.
  6. david wujek Win User

Why won't the controller stay connected?

I have a xbox one s. I have updated, soft reset, hard reset, controller and Xbox. I don't have another controller. I saw there were similar problems and so I followed the suggestions on those posts. I'll get a few hours of play time then it just stops staying connected. It's rather frustrating as I only get so much time to enjoy my games since becoming a parent.
Thema:

1. Xbox x/s confusion frustration controller stops working after a few times ! - Similar Threads - confusion frustration controller

2. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  3. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  4. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  5. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...
  6. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  7. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  8. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  9. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  10. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...