Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)"

Discus and support Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, When i start the Xbox i see the green Xbox screen than a black screen. When i press the Xbox button the controller it shows a black screen with:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bram2, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Bram2
    Bram2 Guest

Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)"

Hi,

When i start the Xbox i see the green Xbox screen than a black screen. When i press the Xbox button the controller it shows a black screen with:

Update in progress

Guide should be ready soon. Check your games & apps queue to see if it's ready, then launch it again. (0x80073d00)

There is only a Close button.

When i press that button the console shuts down.

When i do not press the Close button it will stay on this screen for every.

I have already power cycled the console and disconnected the Ethernet cable.

What else can i try?

Kind regards,

Bram.

:)

Bram2, Apr 1, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Bram,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We recommend you trying an

offline update
    . When doing this, make sure you have a Windows 10 based PC and flash drive.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Bram2 Win User

I have had the console for about 2 years. Thanks for your suggestion, i tried it but it doesn't work.

What would be the next thing i could try?
  4. Radiant Sword X Win User

How long have you had your console? You can try a full shut down by holding the power for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on. I hope that works. That would always work for me since full shut downs can refresh everything.
  5. CRob2 Win User

Xbox One FIX!, black screen after update 2021!

In the same boat as the above poster. Tried all methods as latest update black screened my Xbox one (original). What is going to be done or what to do in this event? Says I need to sign in from guide but screen stays black after Xbox start up screen. Only can pull up turn off restart options.
  6. KoolerSL2 Win User

Xbox Recovered from theft

i have looked through the guide and done what i can to no avail. as soon as it starts up it immediately goes to this update screen and then shows this error message.
Thema:

1. Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)" - Similar Threads - won't start black

2. Games on xbox series x won't start infinite black screen.

in XboX Insiders
    Games on xbox series x won't start infinite black screen.: I'm in the beta ring and my series x won't start any game it'll boot will have an infinite black loading screen and then no games will load, and in the end I'll have a no signal message from my tv...
  3. Black ops won't start on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black ops won't start on xbox one s: I bought cold war in december, I played with it every thing was fine. After a few months I uninstalled it due to lack of storage space. Now that season 3 launched I reinstalled it. But now it is...
  4. Black Ops 4 Won't Start On Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops 4 Won't Start On Xbox One X: I was playing BO4 this afternoon and had restarted my Xbox One X because I was going to go do something and decided not to, so I turned the Xbox off and then back on again (by selecting to...
  5. Ninja Gaiden Black won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden Black won't start: Hi there, I've purchased Ninja Gaiden Black on my xbox 360 and the game won't start. I found a few other topics related to the same problem so I tried to apply each and every solution I've heard...
  6. Call of duty black ops 3 - won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops 3 - won't start: Hi. Installed black ops 3 and it won't launch. The splash screen comes up, then it goes dark, then back to the xbox dashboard. Help! eeb2ec01-fcdf-4e2a-890d-d6e9b2a31c98
  7. Black Ops 2 won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops 2 won't start: I purchased Black Ops 2 digitally on April 11th 2017 so i could play it on my Xbox One, and it's been working fine until today. All of a sudden it started giving me the "Do you own this game" "...
  8. My game won't start I enter and a black screen appears and exits me of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won't start I enter and a black screen appears and exits me of the game: Why does a black screen happen and exits me of the game 884477b9-eb40-49f0-a375-3d04e2044657
  9. Black ops 2 Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops 2 Won't Start: My hard drive stop working since last month so now i'm left with a flash drive. I wanted to use a 32gb flash drive until i get a new one. When downloading Black ops 2 it usually takes hours to be...
  10. My Call of Duty Black Ops 2 won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Call of Duty Black Ops 2 won't start: I started playing my Call of Duty Black Ops 2 yesterday and a few hours later I tried playing it again and it wouldn't play . It told me to "Download the Blu-ray app" and it asked me " Did I own...