Xbox won't start after recent update.

Discus and support Xbox won't start after recent update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I completed the recent system update however when I turn my console on I end up with a black screen. I get the green xbox one startup screen, and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeMatthews2, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Xbox won't start after recent update.

I completed the recent system update however when I turn my console on I end up with a black screen. I get the green xbox one startup screen, and then it goes to a black screen. The "welcome" message pops up saying I've signed in but then the screen stays black. Nothing changed apart from when I hold the home button to get the turn off console/controller message.

:)

JakeMatthews2, Nov 6, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @JakeMatthews2! I hope you're doing great today!

Here's a solution for the black/ blank screen issues. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

You can reset your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

I'm so glad that I was helpful today! If you require any help with any issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums.

Have a great day and have fun!

Always happy to help :)
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi JakeMatthews2! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

First, power down your console fully and remove the power and network cables for at least 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and follow these steps:

Step 1: Hold down the Eject and Bind buttons on your console.

The Eject button is on the front of the original Xbox One console right next to the disk drive, while the Bind button is on the left side, directly adjacent to the disk drive, with a symbol that looks like “)))” on it. Note that on the Xbox One X and Xbox One S, both buttons are on the front of the console, with the Bind button sitting directly beneath the Xbox button on the right edge. The Xbox One S Digital doesn’t have an Eject button, so the Bind and Xbox buttons will do the trick. Once you are holding both buttons, press the Xbox (power) button on the front of the console.

Step 2: Release the Xbox button, but continue holding the Eject and Bind buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two tones before releasing these buttons. The Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will appear shortly after.

Step 3: Select Reset This Xbox from the settings and proceed with the factory reset.
  5. JakeMatthews2 Win User

This worked and I'm back in thank you!
  6. Hoveringpie Win User

New update out now!

Some songs on xbox music won't play, I recently pinned Bryan Adams anthology to my dashboard and all the songs after no 30 won't play, It just goes to a black screen then goes to the home page. Only started happening after the update.

Any light on this would help
Thema:

1. Xbox won't start after recent update. - Similar Threads - won't start recent

2. Why won't my series x start up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series x start up?: My series x won't start up! And yes, I've done everything. abfebc00-3171-4390-ae80-5c1a2c9a16ae
  3. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  4. Xbox series x won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't start up: I factory reset it now it says I need to change my routers security d5e25fd4-2ddd-4184-9f91-6126ba5724dc
  5. Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc: I am trying to download assassins creed Valhalla on my PC through game pass, and when I hit install absolutely nothing happens. I double checked, and there is more than enough storage space, only...
  6. Assassin's creed odyssey won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed odyssey won't start: Assassin's creed odissey is taking too long to start ff65a9f7-a5cc-4ded-9175-da9dc6b49789
  7. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  8. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: I have just bought a game for my son so "owned" but when he tries to play it it just give the option to buy games pass. We bought the game so surely I don't need games pass. Please help...
  9. Error 8027025A - Games on Xbox One won't start after most recent firmware update on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 8027025A - Games on Xbox One won't start after most recent firmware update on ...: I searched the Xbox Forums and I wasn't able to find answer that has resolved my issue. But ever since my Xbox One downloaded and installed the latest update, none of my games whether it is disc...
  10. xbox one won't start after installing recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one won't start after installing recent update: I updated my xbox to the new version. Everything went fine. About 10 hours later, I was trying to stream music from my Nokia PlayTo Beta app (WP 8) to the X1 but none of the music would play. (It...