Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console

Discus and support Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one makes a really loud buzzing sound when I play discs on it and continues to do so for a good 10 minutes of playing on a game. It then stops... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by True Stealths, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console

My Xbox one makes a really loud buzzing sound when I play discs on it and continues to do so for a good 10 minutes of playing on a game. It then stops when the disc stops spinning. Also occasionally when I put a disc into my Xbox it doesn't read and tells
    me to enter a different disc or clean the current disc. None of my games work when I try this. Any solutions on what to do?

:)

True Stealths, Jan 20, 2014
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Jan 20, 2014
  3. Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

I have a similar problem. Whenever I put a disc in, it makes a loud grinding spinning noise, that I can best describe as sounding like a chainsaw. It won't read any discs or anything.

NuclearCracker4, Jan 20, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console

I would definitely contact Microsoft. Sounds like a hardware problem. Follow this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

follow the links on the bottom left, or alternatively call 800-4-MYXBOX

BusGod, Jan 20, 2014
  5. KILLAMEX003
    KILLAMEX003 Guest
    you can set up a repair at myservice.xbox.com it's easier than calling support

KILLAMEX003, Jan 22, 2014
  6. Same issue. Not surprising. Long history of broken xboxes...

BlackKnight2OOO, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there BlackKnight2OOO!

Sorry to hear about the similar issue! Since this is an older thread, I recommend posting a new thread with specific details of the issue. That way the community can provide support tailored to you! Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Ashavar Win User

Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
  9. Ashavar Win User

After about a week of having the Xbox One, the disk drive became super loud?

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
  10. Druxify Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise with and without a disc in it. If anyone knows how to fix this, or why it is happening please let me know.
  11. Alchemist Don Win User

Xbox not reading Dragons Dogma...

It's the original version... My Xbox makes 2 weird buzzing noises when it tries to read the disc then it just says open tray.
  12. MattKV1 Win User

Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc?

Hello LowlyOne,

Game discs and other media discs have slight differences in weight, warpage, and how the media and labeling is manufactured. This can lead to your console's drive vibrating differently as it reads different discs.

While it won't hurt anything to clean the disc in question, if the disc reads correctly, and it doesn't appear to need to be cleaned, then I'd personally just let it be. Remember when cleaning your discs to use a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth, and to
    lightly wipe from the center of the disc outward.

If your disc is not working correctly, see if there is a way for you to exchange your disc from the store where you purchased it, or try contacting the customer support line for the company that makes the game, movie, or music cd, to see if they will exchange
    your disc under the manufacturer's warranty.

I hope you find my explanation and suggestions helpful. Happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Xbox won't read discs and makes a loud buzzing noise when my discs are in the console - Similar Threads - won't read discs

2. Disc won't read on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc won't read on Xbox One: I cannot get game to read on Xbox One. b1f8cfa8-baf0-443e-815e-f17b48c0ff5c
  3. Original Xbox won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox won't read discs: Hey guys, anyone have experience with working on original Xbox? Mine stopped reading discs. I opened it up and replaced the laser, as I read that is a common problem since it is so old. It still...
  4. Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc: I tried resettingmy console and everything and the disc still won't read, installed the game from my app and get an error that I don't own the game. Other discs work fine....
  5. I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs: I installed new disc drive in my xbox one x. I can insert and eject disc, but it wont play discs. Message there is a problem with disc drive wont be able to play discs request repair. Microsoft...
  6. My call of duty infinite warfare disc won't read on my xbox one anymore . What is going on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My call of duty infinite warfare disc won't read on my xbox one anymore . What is going on: My call of duty Infinite warfare gaming disc isn't being read by my xbox one console anymore. I did delete an account tho achievements and progress for my 2 other accounts are still saved. I've...
  7. Why won't my Xbox read my copy of Dragonball XenoVerse 2 but will read any other disc I have?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox read my copy of Dragonball XenoVerse 2 but will read any other disc I have?: The disc is in perfect condition and it won't read the disc evidently. I tried the disc on a different Xbox and it read fine. I tried other discs and it reads the other discs perfectly fine....
  8. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  9. My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?: Can you help me because gta 5 won't read c8881087-8d98-4ee5-b37b-72374b9d5f1c
  10. COD: Bo2 disc won't read but every other disc does.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Bo2 disc won't read but every other disc does.: I'm starting to get frustrated at this. I tried EVERYTHING to get the disc to work and it just won't read it. Every other game works, even old CODs like MW3. Why is this happening? The disc is...