Xbox won't read 360 disc

Discus and support Xbox won't read 360 disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So me and my friend have been trying for hours to get Left 4 Dead 2 downloaded on his xbox. We've tried every method and it won't read the disc. We put... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MysticDaddies, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Xbox won't read 360 disc

So me and my friend have been trying for hours to get Left 4 Dead 2 downloaded on his xbox. We've tried every method and it won't read the disc. We put in a different 360 game in and that immediately opened but what do we do?

:)

MysticDaddies, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  4. User 9242019 Win User

L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one

Sounds like a hardware fault with the disc drive since it won't read a DVD or Xbox 360 game.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox one disk drive

Hi,

it won't be a software problem. The reason is because the Xbox One's Blu-Ray drive actually has two laser diodes, one for reading Blu-Ray Xbox One discs and movies and another to read Xbox 360 and DVD movie discs.

Essentially the laser that reads BD discs has failed and it's not something you can repair yourself.

Sorry about that.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Old Xbox 360 CD drive question

Hi, from what I have read each Xbox and it's factory installed disc drive are paired up, meaning that you can't just take a disc drive out of an Xbox 360 and use it in another Xbox 360. There is some sort of check that is made to verify that the disc drive
    that is fitted matches up with some sort of data key that's programmed into the Xbox motherboard.

If those two don't match up then the Xbox won't read any discs.
Thema:

Xbox won't read 360 disc

1. Xbox won't read 360 disc - Similar Threads - won't read 360

2. Xbox won't read Assassin's Creed (physical CD) on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't read Assassin's Creed (physical CD) on Xbox 360: Split from this thread. Good day, I'm having problems with Assassin's Creed (physical CD), my Xbox won't read it (Reading then just Open tray), had exactly the same problem with other games...
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Why won't my new Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs?: Xbox Series X won't read 360 discs. Say's incompatible. b7fdce96-c4ca-4574-a04d-353d386aad82
  5. Xbox one won't read any Xbox 360 game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one won't read any Xbox 360 game: My Xbox one randomly one day just stopped reading Xbox 360 games like games worked perfectly fine one day and failed the next I have tried Mw1 mw2 mw3 bo1 bo2 fallout 3 fallout nv gta 4 skyrim far...
  6. Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs: I'm in alpha skip ahead ring and no xbox 360 disc is even recognized it dosent say it's dirty or anything I checked the list and thry are backwards compatible. I know the disc drive works since it...
  7. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  8. Xbox won't read 360 games??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't read 360 games??: Hello..I really need some help. For some reason I cannot load or read 360 games, I tried two games i have and both won't do anything. I really want to play the game R.U.S.E...i use to be able to...
  9. I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...: Visit www.xbox.com/drm which brings me to a page that no longer exists? If you need more info or if I was unclear please ask. 810619a8-b52b-4189-a08b-da034df19ae2
  10. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0