Xbox Won't Notify When Friend Gets Online

Discus and support Xbox Won't Notify When Friend Gets Online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a couple of months now, my Xbox Series S won't notify me when my friends get online. It's super annoying. I tried reformatting my Xbox. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Appa 6513, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Appa 6513
    Appa 6513 Guest

For a couple of months now, my Xbox Series S won't notify me when my friends get online. It's super annoying. I tried reformatting my Xbox. I tried changing all my notifications and privacy settings. Nothing has worked. I've seen a few other posts about it here. It seems to be a widespread problem. I'm making this post to try and get this bug escalated. It's one of the most important features that Xbox has and it's broken. How can it take them this long to get around to fixing it with a new update? Crazy.

:)

Appa 6513, Jun 28, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue right now and sadly these things can and do happen. It does and will take time to implement fixes within the system.

I do apologize.

Please reference the link below to a similar ticket.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. SirSkunkalot Win User

Friend Sign in Notifications Not Working

The freinds online notifications are only for your favorite friends.

set any friends you want to be notified about coming online to favourite.

and you will be notified when they come online
  4. Avaleanthea Win User

Xbox favorites online notification not working on console

myself and my friends are having same issue and we have been having it for approx. 1.5 months now it started after it was constantly notifying us that we were coming online when we were already online and playing games together. when that stopped we stopped getting notified of each other coming online

Please please please fix
  5. toonarmy206 Win User

what is the one thing that has made you the most ticked off about x1

Battery Life indicator

Notify of when friends come online and easy way to see what there currently playing
  6. COD 2 HALO Win User

Upcoming System Update Details

[quote user="CollapseControl"]
    The friend online notification should be for anyone you mark as favorite.

A good friend of mine didn't ask me to play anything when he wanted to because he never saw me sign on. Kinda like 'out of sight out of mind' type of thing. Doesn't happen every time but it can happen.

[/quote]On my one it does notify me if I have any friends online. It says on the bottom left how many friends are online. Now when I pop in a game like cod ghost it notifies you on the bottom right of the multiplayer screen if any friends are online. I guess
    we are lazy gamers in the end and we need a bubble to pop up with a audio to let us know when buds are online while gaming or using an "app" that do not notify of friends online. I guess. . . Lol
Thema:

1. Xbox Won't Notify When Friend Gets Online - Similar Threads - Won't Notify Friend

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  8. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  9. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  10. So I keep getting notified that I have points to redeem a gift card but won't let me redeem...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I keep getting notified that I have points to redeem a gift card but won't let me redeem...: So I keep getting notified that I have points to redeem a gift card but won't let me redeem it keeps saying something went wrong an to try again. Tried restarting my xbox Still not working so I...