Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times

Discus and support Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So one day im just playing video games and i go and eat lunch and i come back and my external hard drive no longer works so im like ok thats fine the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeeganQuilici, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times

So one day im just playing video games and i go and eat lunch and i come back and my external hard drive no longer works so im like ok thats fine the series x comes out in a little bit so i just downloaded the games straight to my console next thing i know when i go to load in a game it just stays on the loading title screen then it said game took to long to start so i found a work around if i loaded them thro achievements it would load in then i would have like 2 hours to play before the game would crash and i couldn't play it for the day but soon that stopped working and when i did make it into the game te in game loading screens would take so long to load it would be loading for like 15 mins then i wouldn't load into games or apps so i looked into and restarted it, hard restarted it and factory reset it but none of those worked so idk what to do from here.

:)

DeeganQuilici, Mar 25, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @DeeganQuilici, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Lestat Phoenix Win User

Have You Ever Had To Do A Hard Reset?

yes three or 4 times. Sometimes a game wont load. Other times apps won't load. So on and so on..
  4. suzl84 Win User

Very slow startup and games loading

Thats the same for me, yesterday everything was fine, today wont load. Just done a factory reset and now when trying to load a game its just coming up - Advanced Warfare is taking a long time to load, Cancel - Help
  5. Marco Antonio Nava M Win User

Xbox console goes slow

My console takes too long to start the main screen, plus it "locks up" when wanting to navigate the menus and does not load games or applications, telling me that "it has taken a long time to load" and I had to restore the console several times
  6. HPTHUG Z Win User

Long Load Times

I thought I was the only one having this long loading when the game starts. In fact, the entire game has issues with long loading time, even when installed to the harddrive. At times, my game goes into slowmotion in gameplay; it's ridiculous.
Thema:

1. Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times - Similar Threads - wont load games

2. xbox series s wont load any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s wont load any games: my xbox series s that ive bought relatively new wont load any games. recently i transferred most of my games to the series s before realizing i cant even play them, but thats not the issue. my...
  3. Game disc wont load? It says locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game disc wont load? It says locked: I’ve downloaded the game but it says it’s locked and won’t let me play anything? Game is modern warfare 3 e2ca9ae1-3900-4fe3-b395-9fddcad5900a
  4. My xbox app wont load nothing of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app wont load nothing of my games: In settings it says the was a problem loading installation locations try again and i tru resetting things and works 76e2681c-06cd-4591-8457-244d720af297
  5. Sims 4 wont load through cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sims 4 wont load through cloud gaming: I have tried to load sims 4 on my tablet through the cloud gaming app however every time it gets to about 80% loaded it crashes and gives up. I know my tablet is fine because I can play other...
  6. installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load: XBOX1S Fallout 4 GOTY installed over vanilla edition (Absolutely no mods) I did the update/install on vacation since we do not have wifi. When we got home the games that had been played using...
  7. Flight Simulator Game pass Version on PC wont load properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator Game pass Version on PC wont load properly: I have Flight Simulator installed and was playing it without issue for week or so when it stopped loading properly. the game opens the small window when loading then when loading finishes it goes...
  8. Wont update any games or load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont update any games or load: Try to load in game day they all need to update few let me play few titles rest wont update at all 5ed185c7-cef7-4eea-8a37-10a10364b655
  9. Why wont my game load up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my game load up?: For the two days i haven't. Able call of duty the problem is after start the game gets stuck on loading after restart it does the same thing 59cb3343-215c-4270-a58a-a40c160f2732
  10. game wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game wont load: When you got a refund on Sea of Thieves it was removed from your device. - this error message pops up when i try and launch this game with game pass. 578861b4-e172-473f-8458-ff5e4e4627cc