Xbox wont let me sign in error “0x800704cf”

Discus and support Xbox wont let me sign in error “0x800704cf” in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hello, I keep getting this error even though it works everywhere else (xbox app, microsoft website etc) and i have internet on the xbox. I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Liam 22, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Liam 22
    Liam 22 Guest

hello,

I keep getting this error even though it works everywhere else (xbox app, microsoft website etc) and i have internet on the xbox. I have tried everything to reset it including power cycling, restarting, manual sign in, unplugging it etc. I just cant sign in on the xbox itself is this a console problem or an account problem? Any ideas to fix this?

many thanks

:)

Liam 22, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Can you try sign in using a different account to verify if the issue is console or account related.
  3. Zombie Mum Win User

Update not working

My error code is 0x800704cf and wont work either.
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

Cannot connect to Microsoft store from my PC. I had a "client support" guy who basicly had me reinstall Window 10... And I still have that error 0x880704cf

5. alexroboticyt Win User

Game Pass for pc error 0x800704CF

6. Leonard_Y Win User

Not able to fix Error 0x800704cf .

Hi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, it seems that your getting Error 0x800704cf when you try to login to Xbox app on your PC. This error 0x800704cf means there’s a temporary network problem.

Kindly try checking this support article Error 0x800704CF occurs while signing in, or when installing or playing a PC game | Xbox Support containing some relevant troubleshooting that could help us fix this error.

After further research, we were able to check an anwer in the community who got 53 positive votes from other community members. Here's the method "What you have to do is skip the sign in part. The easiest way to do this is if you have a phone with hotspot turn that on and sign into your account on the hotspot then plug in the wired network you want to use while the hot spot is still on and you are still signed in. Then the xbox should automatically connect to the wired connection and you can turn of the hotspot and play on the wired connection"

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
Thema:

1. Xbox wont let me sign in error “0x800704cf” - Similar Threads - wont let sign

2. My xbox wont let me connect to network and keeps signing me out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont let me connect to network and keeps signing me out: My xbox is not connecting to the xbox network and keeps signing me out. I start up my xbox, log in to any of my 3 accounts, then it says connect to the xbox network - i do, then it continues to...
  3. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  4. my xbox app wont let me sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox app wont let me sign in: on my pc it just says 0x87DD0006 anyone else have this problem right now? 42b043c6-2436-464f-9773-ded9f60c97f8
  5. xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?: Every time i try to sign in on the xbox app the login window attempts to pull up but fails and just shoots me back to the dashboard no matter how i try to sign in. I have deleted and redownloaded...
  6. My Xbox 1 wont let me Sign in HELP!! its been 4 days I reset it I reinstall it i did...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 1 wont let me Sign in HELP!! its been 4 days I reset it I reinstall it i did...: Good day team I have a XBOX 1 it will not allow me to sign in. I sign in fine on all my other devices but for some strange reason I cannot sign in to my xbox1 please help.. Thank you...
  7. wont let me sign in to cloud gaming and when i try it tells me to sign in over and over

in XBoX Accessibility
    wont let me sign in to cloud gaming and when i try it tells me to sign in over and over: wont let me sign in to cloud gaming and when i try it tells me to sign in over and over cb74c853-c8aa-45a6-8000-af376a8f3997
  8. why wont it let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont it let me sign in: why does when I try to sign in to the xbox app nothing happens when I type my password it dousnt say its wrong just nothing happens same thing for the email or a pin it just goes white and goes...
  9. Microsoft and Epic Games wont let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft and Epic Games wont let me sign in: Its been a year since i couldnt sign in to my account that is a microsoft based account created on xbox and now i use a pc so i have epic games now but one day epic games said its a new...
  10. i deleted my pin and it wont let me sign into my desktop

in XBoX Accessibility
    i deleted my pin and it wont let me sign into my desktop: hello im having a problem with a HP desktop i removed the Pin and reset the computer and each time i try and load it up i cant log in cause it says “Something happened and your PIN isn't...