Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or...

Discus and support Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Neither of these are true. I have tried soft resetting my Xbox, I have tried hard resetting my Xbox, normally resetting my Xbox, setting my Xbox as my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DUSTERbouglas2, May 8, 2022.

1. Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or...

Neither of these are true. I have tried soft resetting my Xbox, I have tried hard resetting my Xbox, normally resetting my Xbox, setting my Xbox as my home Xbox, I have changed the language of my Xbox to English and then back and nothing has worked. I am currently trying to re-download my games, but I doubt it will work; it's telling me to check my network after re-installing one of my games. Is there any other recourse I can take?

:)

DUSTERbouglas2, May 8, 2022
  2. ShawnLaw1 Win User

My Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games will not work

Same thing with me. All my games won't start. Same error message. The person who bought this needs to sign in.
  3. HarderVladdy Win User

Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or "you have to be online to play this game."

Everyone is currently having this issue it seems. The microsoft servers crashed yesterday. Just because you've had your games downloaded to your system, and they are single player with no need to connect online doesn't mean they will work without being able to connect to the servers.
  4. PCHANG1228 Win User

Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or "you have to be online to play this game."

Is outage like a common issue ? I just got my xbox series x yesterday and there were issue since yesterday.
  5. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience but I would like to be honest and transparent to you that this is an issue right now. Rest assured, there’s nothing wrong with your console as you’re not the only one who is having this issue.

You can check out this link from time to time to receive timely updates:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

[​IMG]
  6. Ade Connell Win User

Why cant I sign in to my x box accounts?

I reset mine too but it still won't let me sign in, I have managed to sign In to mu sons x box and have a connection but his forza 5 game now says that it needs a sign in from the person who bought it ie me is this because I can't sign in? Its all so frustrating as I don't know why and how this happened as it was ok before this!
Thema:

Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or...

1. Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or... - Similar Threads - won't let play

2. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  3. Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play: I was playing rainbow six siege I've owned the game for years no I was just playing it then the game quit out i relaunch in to the game says the game has a update via inside the game and now it...
  4. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  5. My external storage won't let me play games from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage won't let me play games from it: Since I got my new xbox series x my external storage won't let me play games off it like I downloaded far cry 6 onto my external storage since my internal is full so I click on it and it come up...
  6. I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me...: I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me re download it for some reason x d53e22e9-8d90-4433-956a-e7928622e4d1
  7. RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.: I recently purchased RDR2 on the Xbox store, the version that includes both story mode and online. I am confident it isn't just the online version. I installed it on my Xbox Series X - the file...
  8. Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games: Hello, I just recently started Game Sharing with my Friend. My Friend is the one with Xbox Game Pass and we Game Share so I can get access to the game library that Xbox Game Pass has. Since he has...
  9. Won't let me play my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me play my games: When igned into my account I try to launch a game or go to the microsoft store it says network problem(0x80832003) but the network is fine can launch YouTube ect. When I sign into my son's account...
  10. I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...: I have madden 22 on disc , but it won't let me play because it says I need game pass, why? Xbox one s. 4f871220-5424-481c-8a32-96b63dadb399