Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.

Discus and support Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just installed Starlink in my home and have connected it via Ethernet to my own Nighthawk router. The whole house is now covered except my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tommy Lukeman, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.

I have just installed Starlink in my home and have connected it via Ethernet to my own Nighthawk router. The whole house is now covered except my Xbox and PS5. What’s weird is that my Xbox is connected to the WiFi and I can watch videos but I am unable to download any apps or games and cannot play online. When I start an update for a game or download a game it says ‘Installation Stopped’. Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve read that it could be because of port or DNS settings, and some others say that it may be because I am using a second router with Starlink. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tommy Lukeman, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Tommy L,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Did you already tried power cycling your console?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes.

If you already tried that, I can advise you another things to try:

1. go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    (If the issue persists use instead 1.1.1.1 as primary DNS and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)

2. Let's try cleaning your MAC address:

Select Setting > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try.

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. Don Waller Win User

I am having the same problem with a standard laptop and connection through starlink. All of my laptops will initiate a download and then will stop. Some laptops will show a error screen that says it will not allow downloads from certain entities or groups. Someone have beef with Starlink?
  4. CharlotteRowarth Win User

Cant log into my xbox account

It’s Wifi and it looks like it was a Starlink issue as the security settings were not compatible. All sorted now I think?
  5. InfestedCord208 Win User

How do i change my Xbox from IPv4 to IPv6?

Starlink IP has v4 and v6 .xbox x is using v4 and has no way of activating v6 .Boo!

Will contact starlink for help.is very frustrating.
  6. marrium akhtar Win User

StarLink Internet Latency Xbox Live

If you are a Starlink user who wants to know whether you can play online games uninterrupted in an RV, you need to forward specific ports on your router for which you need port forwarding feature for your Starlink ISP. Port forwarding can enhance Starlink speeds for online gaming and you can improve connection speeds.

You will notice good internet speeds on your Starlink connection compared to ADSL and optic fiber. Playing FPS or MMO games may not cause trouble on Starlink, regardless of the connection package you purchased. However, hosting servers or opening ports to connect to external servers can be an issue on Starlink due to CGNAT.

The easiest way to get around CGNAT and port forward games on Starlink is to use a VPN with a port forwarding add-on.
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi. - Similar Threads - won’t download anything

2. Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey: Vahalla won’t download on pc on gamepass is grey out and it stay loading and no option to download it cb0fb9cd-17ee-4517-ba32-94ec1657f80e
  3. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  4. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...
  5. Xbox can download but won’t allow access to Xbox live services

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox can download but won’t allow access to Xbox live services: I have been dealing with issue the last 2 days but mainly I can download games an apps no problem but I’m met with “ connect to Xbox live “ and cannot perform a network test at all . Please help...
  6. Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?: To play modern warfare it tells me to download all the add-ons, but there is one which i cannot download. I can press install and see it in queue but when it starts to download it says update the...
  7. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  8. My Xbox One won’t download anything at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won’t download anything at all: An Xbox I’ve used for years stopped downloading things all together. I’ve cleared my MAC address, reset the console, reset my WiFi, ethernetted, wireless, portforwarded, etc. and nothing is...
  9. A certain game won’t download on my Xbox but others will

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A certain game won’t download on my Xbox but others will: I have been trying to download Fortnite but it keeps saying installation stopped but when I download another game it actually downloads it so confused d756218f-2433-4389-9ccc-bf0711e3e8aa
  10. Xbox Series S store bugged won’t download anything poor speed after trying all support options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S store bugged won’t download anything poor speed after trying all support options: I’ve full reset it three times, tried both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection, and the store will not load, games and apps will not download, and I’m only showing 1mbps. I have charter, 700.0mbps...