Xbox won’t Connect with Controller without unplugging console.

Discus and support Xbox won’t Connect with Controller without unplugging console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All of my controllers will turn on the Xbox Series X, but but then will not stay sync’s with Xbox. Or I can press the Xbox button on console to turn on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prof Bad Llama, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Xbox won’t Connect with Controller without unplugging console.

All of my controllers will turn on the Xbox Series X, but but then will not stay sync’s with Xbox. Or I can press the Xbox button on console to turn on the console but controller will still not connect. Sync button on the console is unresponsive. Same issue with multiple controllers. Only fix I have found is to unplug power from console and plug back in. This works every time without issue. But every time the Xbox is shut off I must repeat the step of unplugging the Xbox to get the same controller to connect again. Issue started about a week ago. Only recently updated games are Sea of Theives and Minecraft. Using Power Saver mode. Turned off all quick resumes.

:)

Prof Bad Llama, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Prof Bad Llama,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your Xbox controller does not sync or keeps on disconnected from your Xbox console. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

It is possible that the firmware of your controller is outdated and needs to be updated. We will try to check if there are available updates and install them. Here is how:

1. Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Then check if the issue still persists.

2. Refresh your power settings by following these steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up.
    • Select from the Power mode drop-down menu and change the setting to energy-saving mode.
    • Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    • Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    • Select from the Power mode drop-down menu and change the setting back to standby mode
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Prof Bad Llama,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Smartin_22 Win User

Wireless network not connecting to internet

It’s an Xbox One console and yes it does display my wireless network’s name but it won’t connect with it. No codes or error messages come up. It just says it can’t connect to my wireless network and to try unplugging my router/modem for 30 seconds and
    then plug it back in which I have done several times and it still won’t connect.
  5. Maysarh Shehata1 Win User

New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today

Hello,

It’s rechargeable batteries and now it’s charged but the controller won’t power up without connecting to cable first whatever how long I press the xbox button.

I must connect the controller to the cable first to power on the controller then I can remove it from the cable to keep using on battery.

Is this common?
  6. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t Connect with Controller without unplugging console. - Similar Threads - won’t Connect Controller

2. What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?: Hi, I recently joined a new wifi network but after connecting my xbox crashed. Since then i’ve tried to go back on but my controller won’t connect at all to the xbox. I’ve hard reset, i’ve tried...
  3. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  4. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  5. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  6. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  7. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  8. How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t: So I have the original Xbox one and a newer Xbox controller and it worked fine for awhile but now it won’t connect and the pair button on my Xbox won’t work and I don’t know why but I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  10. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...