Xbox won't connect to wifi without Ethernet cable

Discus and support Xbox won't connect to wifi without Ethernet cable in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox won't connect to wifi without Ethernet cable It seems several people are currently having this issue. You can try these steps here to see if it... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by QuesidillaAaron, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Xbox won't connect to wifi without Ethernet cable

QuesidillaAaron, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Silen7
    Silen7 Guest
    How to Connect Internet Cable directly to Xbox 360

Hi everybody.

So recently I've been experiencing a lot of lag on CoD, i.e, whenever I join a game I get 2-bar and 3-bar connections. So I decided to search for some solutions. I read somewhere that I can fix this problem by directly connecting my Xbox to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now the problem arises as I do not possess an Ethernet cable.
    Currently, I have a cable through which Internet is supplied (It's a Fibrenet connection, which uses Optical Fibres for transmitting the Internet) and this cable is connected to a router which provides me WiFi.
    I was wondering if I can connect my Internet Cable directly to the Xbox 360 without Ethernet cables.
    (The cable looks exactly like an Ethernet cable so it can fit into the Ethernet jack of the Xbox, so that problem is covered.)

EDIT : I connected the Internet Cable to the Xbox but when I tested connection, It does not connect to Internet. Help

Silen7, Jul 1, 2018
  3. No Ethernet connection, but the Xbox insists there is

My Xbox is insisting that it's connected to an ethernet cable, but it's not. So it won't even test WiFi connections. How can I convince the Xbox that no cable exists?

Roger Lignugaris, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Geth, Jul 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: