Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password.

Discus and support Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep having an issue where sometimes when I turn my Xbox on it says it’s not connected to the internet. The network page will show my network as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hashley301, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Hashley301
    Hashley301 Guest

I keep having an issue where sometimes when I turn my Xbox on it says it’s not connected to the internet. The network page will show my network as setup but says no connection. Eventually if I let my Xbox sit on for about 20 minutes it will connect. If I try and setup the network again it will tell me my password is wrong and I will need to keep trying it until it connects.

It doesn’t happen every time I turn on the Xbox. It was happening a few months ago every day and then stopped. It has now started happening again.

Recently I took my Xbox to another home and had the same exact issue on their internet. I just had to enter the password about 15 times before it took it and connected.

Is this an issue with our internet provider? Is this an issue with my Xbox? It’s driving me nuts!

:)

Hashley301, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hi Hashley301, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble connecting your Xbox to the internet. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your Xbox and router: Turn off your Xbox and unplug your router from the power source. Wait for 30 seconds, then plug your router back in and turn on your Xbox.

2. Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network: Go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Set up wireless network. Select your Wi-Fi network and choose Forget. Then, select your Wi-Fi network again and enter your password.

3. Clear the alternate MAC address: Go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address. Select Clear and restart your Xbox.

4. Update your Xbox firmware: Go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Updates > Check for updates. If an update is available, download and install it.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-wireless-connection

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Adam.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Try to connect to wifi but saying password is incorrect?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Lily

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

A. Power cycle your console (if you meant this when you said “rebooting my Xbox” skip this one)

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

B. Change your home network password and name and give it a new try

C. Connect your console to a completely different Wi-Fi network and try in that way
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot
  4. xDmNtEdxSk1tZox Win User

Destiny Crucible breaks xbox ones wifi adaptor.

having the same problem says my wifi password is incorrect can someone plz help with this? my xbox one is completely worthless now....
  5. RecycledThumbz Win User

Xbox says wifi password incorrect but is. Connects fine with wired connection.

Please fix. On going problem that xbox seems to not care about.
  6. gamerrazor1975 Win User

Xbox says wifi password incorrect but is. Connects fine with wired connection.

Ok so I just cleared the alternate MAC address and now wifi connects. Hopefully intoning else will happen.
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password. - Similar Threads - won’t connect WiFi

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  8. Xbox won’t connect to wifi since upgrading wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to wifi since upgrading wifi: My xbox one always connected to my wifi, no issue, but recently we upgraded our wifi, (same provider just faster internet and a new wifi box), since then, this is the first time im attempting to...
  9. My Xbox disconnects from the wifi every night at 1am and won’t connect back for a few hours.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox disconnects from the wifi every night at 1am and won’t connect back for a few hours.: My other devices like my phone work perfectly fine on the WiFi so I know it’s an Xbox issue. I’m on a adult account without restrictions so idk what’s going on. a30823c8-d37f-48f3-8856-e3687a770152
  10. My xbox won’t connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won’t connect to the wifi: Hey I have an Xbox series s I bought it a year ago near December i went over at my dads and when I got back I started having this problem my Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet even when I...