Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire

Discus and support Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem just started recently, so it may have been the result of an update, but i can't find anything like this on the internet. Whenever I start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BIV 01, May 11, 2019.

1. BIV 01
    BIV 01 Guest

This problem just started recently, so it may have been the result of an update, but i can't find anything like this on the internet.

Whenever I start up my Xbox One (the limited edition Battlefield version), it logs me in (usually, sometimes not) but doesn't recognize that it's connected to the internet. Nothing I do "inside" the UI fixes it. The only way to get the box to recognize
    it is to unplug the cable and plug it back in. That usually takes two attempts before it "takes" and it connects to the internet again.

Is anyone else running into this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

:)

BIV 01, May 11, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BIV 01,

Have you tried using a different ethernet cable or a new one? I've seen this issue arise with a bad cable that usually get's resolved after replacing the cable you use. It's possible that the cable does not have a solid connection with the console once you
    power it down after use and does not have the connection after you power it on.

Other than that it could also be the router you are using. I had a similar problem before and everything was solved once I got a new router and ethernet cable.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day,

As well as Parity's suggestion, power cycle your router and wait... till it is fully operational again prior to powering your console back on. Router->TV->AVR
    (if using) then Console

I used to have the same problem with a router I have since replaced.

Depending on how old your router is you may be able to contact your ISP and see if they will replace a suspected faulty router.

The other thing you could try is set power to Power Saving mode if you are using Instant On.
  4. BIV 01 Win User

It looks like I need to do this. How do I check the cloud to make sure my files are in place? I know it's supposed to be automatic, but I'm unwilling to take that on faith.

I also have an external HD. Is there a "copy all save files to external HD" option?
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Glad that it is tentatively working. Let us know if anything changes!
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there BIV 01 thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

Side note: Power cycle the Network Hardware (Router) by unplugging it for a full 5 minutes.
Thema:

1. Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire - Similar Threads - wont connect Internet

2. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  3. Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly: Hi all, it seems my xbox wont connect to the internet properly, here's the issues i'm running into: Xbox takes 1-2 mins to sign me in, no live images/videos play on home screen, xbox says it is...
  4. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  5. MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!: Hello. Recently, I got new Xbox series S about 2 to 3 months ago. It worked fine up until two days ago. I was getting ready to play some games with my friends when I accidentally touched the cord...
  6. Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to my 2.4ghz network. I noticed on my Nintendo Switch the Security is WPA2-PSK (AES). I've looked it up and apparently you can't have that specific one....
  7. Xbox S wont connect to internet for past couple of days

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox S wont connect to internet for past couple of days: Once I restart it & power it off it starts working again but its getting annoying (the first day I bought to Xbox i wouldn't connect till I booted it off, Idk if this has something to do with...
  8. xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live: when i go into my wired network settings, i click test xbox live connection. everything else connects good except for xbox live. ive tried both suggestions but both didnt work (note my connections...
  9. My Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet: My xbox 360 wont connect the internet I called my internet provider and they said to go on your website can you please help. 6ea56dd0-c6d9-4786-a95a-417cbf2c2196
  10. my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...: my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect to ethernet it wont connect the internet. 4cb88463-75dd-4c20-8510-f6261bd67f9c