Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know why but both Dolby Access and DTS Sound unbound give me choppy, intermittent sound in my Xbox Wireless headset with wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jaro Meheš Jr., Jan 6, 2022.

1. Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken

Hello, I don't know why but both Dolby Access and DTS Sound unbound give me choppy, intermittent sound in my Xbox Wireless headset with wireless connection (check out attached sound sample https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueFEekVDilBmPggEHMFjyFtIsq4Bw?e=wEitbg ). Wired USB-C works fine, as well as Windows Sonic with wireless.

My configuration is as follows:

Windows build: 21H2 22000.376

Xbox Adapter model: 1790 (Xbox One)

Headphone firmware: 0.0.9.24

Xbox Accessories app ver.: 300.2112.14001.0

Xbox Adapter driver: 1.0.46.1

Headset audio device driver: 10.0.22000.1

Testing with CoD Warzone 1.50.3

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you

:)

Jaro Meheš Jr., Jan 6, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the patience and feedback, Jaro Meheš Jr..

Apologies, as I have provided you steps for directing you to use console for issue isolation using console.

Let us isolate your issue further.

Would you mind checking if same issue happen to other headset connected to your PC?

May we know if you have tried other computer and does it play the same?

Have you tried downgrading to see if there is any change?

Can you please share any troubleshooting you have done so far?

Please check these list of suggested troubleshooting: (Perform only what is applicable) Reference: Set up and troubleshoot your Xbox One Stereo Headset and Adapter

• Have you updated your controller’s software to support the stereo headset adapter?

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions, such as audio and rumble, are turned off to conserve the remaining power.
    • Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your stereo headset’s 3.5mm cable is securely plugged into the adapter. You’ll know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    • Try your headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to: Device Services
    • Try your headset and adapter on another controller.
    We can also perform Windows troubleshooting or use the last resort which is to request replacement and/or send feedback Team Xbox for them to check. Next reply or recommendation will depend on your reply to us. We will for your response.

Kind regards,

3. Jaro Meheš Jr. Win User

Kathy, much appreciated. However my situation concerns a PC with Xbox Wireless Headset connected via Xbox Wireless Adapter 1790, not the console itself. Console, as well as direct-to-PC connection via USB-C works without any issues. Haven't tried Bluetooth yet, but that's out of the question due to latency.

XBF-Spartan - yes, both apps are the latest version available via Store.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for your reply and we greatly appreciate the details you have shared, Jaro Meheš Jr.

Downgrade updates for the sound drivers? If this cannot be done or unavailable you may skip this part. You may try to recheck the steps here Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and perform the troubleshooting suggested here: Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Lastly, kindly create new local user account on Windows 11 and see if same issue persists.

Would it make sense to buy a new Wireless Adapter for Windows? It depends on you. You may try to buy new one however there will be chance you will still get same issue so please weight things out first.

What is the exact model number of the latest Wireless Adapter for Windows? Mine is labeled "1790".

Based on adapter's compatibility chart there are two types of Xbox Wireless Adapter (for Windows and for Windows 10) and the only available adapter in the market is Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Model is still 1790 for the adapter.

Are there any differences in the radio protocol of Xbox One and Xbox Series? Bottom line, the issue seems to be the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows, as Xbox Series console works flawlessly with these headphones.

Kindly, send a feedback with regards to your concern if the troubleshooting does not resolve the issue. Please use this link as guide - Provide feedback to Team Xbox.

Kind regards,

5. Jaro Meheš Jr. Win User

Would you mind checking if same issue happen to other headset connected to your PC?

Any other headphones work fine, the problem is only with devices connected via Xbox Wireless Adapter 1790.

May we know if you have tried other computer and does it play the same?

Yes, the same issue appears on another PC when using the same Adapter + Headset.

Have you tried downgrading to see if there is any change?

Downgrading what?

Can you please share any troubleshooting you have done so far?

Reinstalling DTS Sound Unbound App

Reinstalling USB and chipset drivers

Updating Headset firmware multiple times

Testing with another PC

Trying with Xbox Series X

Bottom line, the issue seems to be the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows, as Xbox Series console works flawlessly with these headphones.

Would it make sense to buy a new Wireless Adapter for Windows?

Are there any differences in the radio protocol of Xbox One and Xbox Series?

What is the exact model number of the latest Wireless Adapter for Windows? Mine is labeled "1790".

Thank you
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Jaro Meheš Jr.,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that the quality of sounds produced by the headset is very essential in playing games and it would be best if you can be in action while playing. So, let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

As per your description, you are looking for an idea of a fix for this. May we know if you are plugging in the Xbox headphone in controller or just connecting it directly to the device?

This is the steps how to change audio settings:

To change headset audio settings:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    2. Under Headset audio, choose one of the options in the Headset format dropdown menu.
    Troubleshooting will be:

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos or DTS Headphone:X

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos or DTS Headphone:X, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    2. Under Headset audio, select Using HDMI or optical audio headset.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a headset

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, or DTS Headphone:X) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver plugged into USB—might still show the headset as connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems switching between speakers and headset on your Xbox console, check the headset manufacturer’s website for more info.

Windows Sonic – This is the spatial sound setting Microsoft offers for an immersive headset experience. Plug any stereo headset into your controller, or plug in an Xbox wireless accessory to your console before changing your headset setting to Windows Sonic for Headphones.

DTS Headphone:X – This is an immersive audio format that provides object-based surround sound for a 3D listening experience. If you’d rather use DTS Headphone:X, choose this setting under Headset audio. Learn more in the DTS Sound Unbound app. DTS Sound Unbound - DTS Sound Unbound

Dolby Atmos for Headphones – This is a premium headset audio format that works with all headsets. If you’d rather use Dolby Atmos for Headphones, choose this setting under Headset audio. You can learn more about Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the Dolby Access app - Dolby Access

Kindly check further information here: Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X headset settings on Xbox.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken - Similar Threads - Wireless Hedset spatial

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  5. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  8. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  9. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  10. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1